Lemon tree and the lemon clan

Options

Comments

• starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi LT. I absolutely agree with what EH said. Literally do your job and that's it. I know it's hard though.
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Lemon_Tree wrote: »
    my fault for being a geriatric mum to some littlies I guess

LT - given that so many women object to the term senile gravida, and if you're a first-time througher, Elderly primi gravida, I'm amazed the NHS hasn't pulled it's socks up and dragged itself into the 21st century and thought to call us, 'pregnant mums' or 'pregnant first time mums'..... I've a few years on you pet, so you're still a spring chicken from where I'm sat :D

Lovely to see you back in diary land :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £73.49/215
    Non-food household spend May £16.96/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Pippilongstocking
    Pippilongstocking Posts: 16,336 Forumite
    edited 3 August 2017 at 9:03AM
    Options
    Hey up lovely lady
    Hope today feels a bit shiny-ier :)

Sounds like you've a good idea what's going on - so you're half way there already. And planned spends are OK and still can count as NSD's when you need.

I find (for my tuppenceworth) an online shop works well for me for the large monthly items and does mean I spend less - I then top up with reduced fresh stuff as you know I go a little bit nuts with that sometimes too but I do try and be good. So an online shop gets my vote. I tart myself between all of the big sloopermarkets as they all deliver and often have an online deal every month. But you'll know that.

As Ms Brene Brown says there's nothing wrong with an ordinary life.

'Joy comes to us in the ordinary moments, we risk missing out on joy when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary'

(she's my new superhero)

Have a great day!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Our first online shopping comes tonight after fat club. It's £51 which is a minor miracle for us given we never got out of the shop without having spent over £70.
    Greying it's maddening isn't it how the nhs refer to us older mum's.
    Monthly pocket money stands at £56.85/£80. Before my purse gets emptied into change jars.
    And I should hopefully get my money back on a dress I bought last week. Worn and washed once and it's bobbled and looking like it's 10 years old. Bloomin shame as it's a lovely and very comfortable dress. Just hope they don't quibble too much in the shop.
  • mizmir
    mizmir Posts: 3,710 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello LT! Im just restarting again too - great to see familiar faces here. Subscribing! :)
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mizmir wrote: »
    Hello LT! Im just restarting again too - great to see familiar faces here. Subscribing! :)
    hi, and welcome back as well, I shall go searching for you :j

Does anyone else do surveys? I've a PA account which is currently standing at £10.80 and I did a £3 survey yesterday which doesn't seem to be pending wish i'd saved the acknowledgment code grr! I've had about £20 so far from doing it, and i'm terrible about logging on for surveys.

Credit card spends are now £200.88 with todays shopping to be added.

another thing I started was to save what it says on a shop receipt that you have saved on that shop. Since April I've saved £75.05 :j I'm not sure what i'm planning on doing with this as it's in a 5% account and our only debts are to DD at 0% and the car which I can't overpay.
    Credit card is paid off in full monthly anyway and if I try and pay anything before the direct debit goes out they deduct it from that months payment. Why do they insist on doing that? grrrr!
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    PA is by miles the best of the survey sites at the moment - I do always make a point of copying the completion code, then going to the page to check it's there before moving on to anything else or closing the page though as I've had a couple where it's not shown. I've also found that sometimes the "insert your prolific ID here" thing isn't that obvious, and you also need to keep a close eye for whether there is a final link to click to get a completed code up.

I like your idea of "saving what you've saved" from shopping etc - that's similar to what I've always done with adding any savings on utilities etc to a monthly transfer to savings - it all adds up! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,442 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Boo to dress.
    Hope it is resolved easily.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Hope week was OK and weekend with the tiddlers is fabby!

What you got planned.

:)
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Have a lovely weekend x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors