Alternative Dispute Resolution

Options
Just looking for some advice please?

We bought a large corner sofa from Harvey's nearly 2 years ago (2 years to go on 0% finance)

One of the seats broke a couple of months ago. I called them and they put me in touch with Ecomaster. The engineer came out and looked and said it was a manufacturing fault so down to Harvey's. Anyway Harvey's approved the repair and I was told it would be 9-10 weeks for parts! (Piece of wood)!!
Anyway I kept in touch with Ecomaster who assured me every time I called that the parts were on order and even at one point I was told they were coming from Germany.

10 weeks later!! The engineer came back and I explained what had been happening and he looked blankly at me! He said 'we always carry the parts on the van'!!

I contacted Ecomaster a few times by email, I have them admitting that it was a human error and the parts had never been ordered!! So we have been paying £40 a month for nearly 3 months but unable to use one of the seats. When we've had to have guests someone has had to sit on the floor!

I received a letter from them 2 weeks ago saying that they would give us a £10 voucher as a gesture of goodwil - that works out as £1 per week for 10 weeks. Last week we got another letter offering us £20!

I have been in touch with CAB and they have mentioned Alternative Dispute Resolution.

Just some advice please? Thanks

Comments

• I'm_not_going_into
    Options
    Oh and for anyone who may be interested check out Ecomaster on Trustpilot! We are certainly not alone!
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry could you just clarify exactly what your issue is? They told you it would be 9-10 weeks and it took 10 weeks, I'm assuming it is now fixed?

What do you mean by they always carry the parts with them but they then admitted they didn't order the part? Either they carry them with them so there was no need to order it or they are ordered specifically for each repair and even if they forgot to order straight away they still fixed it in the timescale promised.
  • I'm_not_going_into
    Options
    I was told 9-10 weeks. Absolutely fine
    What I'm more annoyed with is that I have letters/emails saying it was human error the parts were never ordered and that if this had been picked up it would have been done in days.
    It was only that I was starting to get more insistent that they discovered what had actually happened.

The 'parts' even the engineer said could have been purchased from a hardware store.
  • I'm_not_going_into
    Options
    Oh! And no it isn't fixed properly either. Harvey's sent another company round a couple of weeks ago and that was confirmed. It's such a shoddy repair it's laughable.
  • RoonilWazlib_2
    Options
    When did you buy? This determines which law your rights fall under
    What type of finance?
    What do finance company say?
    Have you asked them about ADR? (Harveys are registered with Furniture ombudsman I believe so this could be an option)
  • I'm_not_going_into
    Options
    We bought it in July 2015 - delivered late September 2015
    What type of finance? All I know is it 0% interest free over 4 years
    In regards to finance company I've only ever actually spoken to Harvey's about it as that's where we bought it. The finance company Ikano Bank. Surely though as they are just the finance company I need to speak to the actual company that sold it to us?
    Oh I'm actually quite confused now!

I have spoken to Ecomaster regarding the ADR and they have said that's my right but it's not their preferred method of resolution
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Purchase date means Sale of Goods Act applies to the transaction. (1st October 2015 onwards would mean Consumer Rights Act would apply).

0% interest free means you'd have Section 75 protection. This makes the finance company jointly liable with the seller for the performance of the contract, including your SoGA rights.
  • I'm_not_going_into
    Options
    Thank you DoaM
  • powerful_Rogue
    powerful_Rogue Posts: 7,523 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is it you are actually after?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories