IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parkingeye -notice received 20 > days later

Options
wncr
wncr Posts: 7 Forumite
edited 30 July 2017 at 10:52PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
My wife received a parking ticket as she is the registered keeper of the car from Parking eye on the 15th July -Parking eye letter was dated 13th July 2017.
My wife appealed it saying she was not the driver on that day and also mentioned that they are > 14 days late for asking information.

She received a email from parking eye as attached bellow.

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to the Parking Charge incurred on 23 June 2017.We are writing to advise you that your recent appeal has been placed on hold whilst we await further information. You have stated that you were not the driver of the vehicle at the date and time of the breach of the terms and conditions of the car park, but you have not indicated who was. ParkingEye have placed this charge on hold for 28 days to enable you to provide the evidence requested. If this information is not provided within 28 days, the appeal may well be rejected and a POPLA code provided.Alternatively,

my main point is letter from the parking eye was dated 20 days after the said date -23rd June.
Please someone can advise how we should proceed from here ,.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    IGNORE and wait for the rejection and POPLA code

they cannot win AGAINST THE KEEPER if they failed POFA 2012 and clearly they failed it

they are phishing for the drivers details to get it back on track, do not succumb
  • wncr
    Options
    Many thanks Redx we will wait for POPLA code
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You should edit your post to remove information about who stopped. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper, even on here. Parking scammers monitor this site.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • wncr
    Options
    preliminary draft -POPLA

Hi guys i have drafted a letter for POPLA appeal - please advise if this is adequate or need any further details.
    Many thanks

Dear sir/Madam,

I am writing to challenge a parking charge notice received for parking at
    car park on the .............2017 . This Parking Charge notice was issued by PrkingEye Ltd.
    I am the registered keeper on the vehicle
    received the parking notice for the alleged overstay but I was not the driver of the above vehicle on the 23/6/2017. I received the parking charge notice on the 15/7/2017 and Parking Eye letter was dated 13.07.2017.

As the keeper of the vehicle I am not liable for this charge notice or to provide any further details of the driver because ParkingEye Ltd have failed the POFA2012 on delivering a Parking Charge notice to a keeper within 14 days,

(4)The notice must be given by—
    (a)handing it to the keeper, or leaving it at a current address for service for the keeper, within the relevant period; or
    (b)sending it by post to a current address for service for the keeper so that it is delivered to that address within the relevant period.
    (5)The relevant period for the purposes of sub-paragraph (4) is the period of 14 days beginning with the day after that on which the specified period of parking ended.

I request this Parking charge note to be cancelled due to reasons mentioned above.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    If you're feeling uber confident in POPLA's reliability in understanding your single-point appeal (and you've checked and double checked those dates) and they won't be pressurised by the 59 page PE template evidence pack and feel that PE have made a strong enough case on a number of other points, to overwhelm your (very correct) assertion that they have failed to hold the keeper liable, then send it off.

But for the sake of copying and pasting, using the ready-made template appeal points in post #3 of the sticky, you could so easily have a number of other avenues potentially closed off.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The one additional point I would make if it was me (I like the genuine single point appeal personally when the case is as yours) is disputing their contract. It is obvious that they have some sort of contract that allows them to post signs etc, but does it give them the right to pursue motorists for money? You demand that they show the contract.

If you look at POPLA Decisions thread, the recent cases have all been won on the PPC failing to produce the contract
  • wncr
    Options
    Hi Guys

I finally received a reply to my appeal, but the POPLA code issued is invalid when I enter it on the POPLA appeal website
    There is no telephone number or any valid email (correspondence via NoReply) to inquire this from ParkingEye.
    What should I do?
    Regards
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,644 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wncr wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I finally received a reply to my appeal, but the POPLA code issued is invalid when I enter it on the POPLA appeal website
    There is no telephone number or any valid email (correspondence via NoReply) to inquire this from ParkingEye.
    What should I do?
    Regards

When did you receive that reply?
    If it was in the last day or two, try the POPLA code again a few days into next week.

Apparently it may take a couple of days to be come 'live'.

Anyway, POPLA won't be fixing it over the weekend.
  • wncr
    Options
    I received it on the 12th Sept
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is unlike ParkingEye to send a non-working POPLA code, does it start 606 and have something like 2557 in the middle?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure