Borrow for house purchase

Aged 45 and With £600k realised from the sale of principal residence and £25k savings, am looking to purchase property valued at £950k. Obviously shortfall of approx £350k (also not stamp duty, etc). But as income gross is approx £30k self employed, very little borrowing power from mortgage lenders. Retired parents who are willing and understand the risk to secure own residnce valued at £400k as have other property worth £250k and with low expenses have £1700 available for repayments.

Q. What 'legitimate and realistic' options are available to borrow the £350k on parents property.?

Replies

• ACGACG Forumite
    21.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I've helped Parliament
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not the property to secure the loan against that is the issue, you have £600+k equity on the house you are buying.

The issue is affordability.

You would potentially be looking to include one/both parents on the Mortgage as either a joint applicant (probably best avoided due to the additional stamp duty) or as a guarantor. But there are not too many guarantor mortgages around anymore.

I think thats what you probably need to look for or get a broker to do the donkey work for you.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides