UK CPS parking ticket

Friday night while I was at work I parked in a local car park. I started work at 9 thinking I'd be fine at that time of night. When I finished work I had a ticket it was issued at 10pm. It's for £100 or £60 if I pay within 14 days. A few people are saying unless it's Council ignore it. What should I do as I don't want a massive fine and my credit score to be affected.

Replies

• edited 30 July 2017 at 7:31PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 July 2017 at 7:31PM
    First, edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to The Driver and The Keeper.

Next, read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then wait for the NTK before you send the IPC template in black you will find there. Do not reveal the driver's identity under any circumstances. Send the template from The Keeper.

You will then need to read up on what to do if/when the initial appeal is refused.

It is not a fine. The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012.

Your credit score can't be affected unless the company takes you to court, you lose, you don't pay the charge imposed by the court, you get a CCJ awards against you by the court, and then don't pay again. Every one of those things has to happen to affect your credit score, and now you have landed here, you aren't going to let that happen are you?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Can't seem to edit my post I'm new to here I clicked edit post and it doesn't let me. Would you recommend copying that template in to the appeal box page on their page? Can they find out my address if I don't contact them and is it true that the company I've named have been banned from getting information from the DVLA?
  • edited 30 July 2017 at 7:34PM
    FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    52.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 July 2017 at 7:34PM
    You should be able to click on the Edit button, then change your original text before clicking on the Save button.

UKCPS were briefly banned, but that was a while ago and the ban has since been lifted.

They can get the name and address of the registered keeper from the DVLA. Re-reading the advice in the NEWBIES, it tells you to wait for the NTK before appealing which you do by using whatever method it tells you to use on that NTK.

Ignoring has not been advised since the law changed in 2012.

You should read the NEWBIES and make yourself familiar with this whilst you wait for the NTK.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides