No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2017

Options

Comments

• VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    asajj wrote: »
    I have UU'ed Pixi & Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse. I uu'ed balm quicker than the cream actually and both are really good. Especially the balm is very good to take makeup off. I have another one that I will start using.

Thanks for this. I may pick one up in the US x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    I sorted out some hopeful empties yesterday so these should go this week:-

Batiste - it's at the stage where it's spraying part air part product.

Liz Earle Skin Repair cream - tube cut open

LUSH Cup o Coffee - this has gone watery (something that's never happened before - suspect Emma has left the top off and shower water got in). Am going to try and salvage it with a teaspoon of coffee mixed in. Not much left though. Won't repurchase yet as the L'Or!al mask I bought is scrubby too. I don't want this to replace my Cup o Coffee though as I love COC more. Think I'll look for a different mask on holiday and replace my COC then too.

Kind Natured shampoo - must replace this.

ABC kinwash - my current litre bottle is feeling light

Avon Skin So Fresh moisturiser- is standing upside down now to enable product to come out.

Have sorted out my make up bag and along with the Smashbox eyeshadow and Urban Decay Gwen Stefani palette that I'm panning I've pulled out a Laura Geller eyeshadow duo - Candy and Fig and Laura Geller blush in Apricot Berry. Haven't chosen a lip product yet.

On my nails at the mo I'm wearing OPI Press Star for Silver and on my toes Rimmel Ethereal.

Have pulled out Tommy Girl fragrance to wear this week.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • fudgesmoothies
    Options
    UU: Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation WDBA. I really, really liked this. I think if i found the right primer for my oily skin i'd like it even more. Will repurchase in the winter when my tan has faded.

I'm hoping to do a no buy/low buy for September. I've just paid the balance on my NY trip so want to save the pennies for some Sephora treats instead.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another TA:

Colgate 2 in 1 Whitening toothpaste & mouthwash 100ml I can't stand this and no one else in my house will use it. :/
  • VALM
    Options
    Have been to the Trafford Centre. Went to get some advice re foreign currency from Virgin. Was going to get my brows waxed and tinted but there was no one available at the Benefit counter. Did buy a 100ml tube of handcream from The Body Shop. Got the Rose one. My tube of palmers coca butter hand cream is pretty squished up so think I'll be cutting it open soon.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I really struggle with mascara, I have fine fair lashes, they are a good length as I use Revitalash from time to time, but it seems that no matter how careful I am, or how expensive the product, after a couple of weeks I end up with a horrid clumpy set of lashes. I wipe the excess off the wand before every use too. The following are still within safe limits, but going onto the UU list and on to the next one from my stash:(

8ml L’Oreal Voluminous 4X mascara 11/85
    9.5ml Maybelline Push up angel mascara 12/86
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation
    - this was a fab colour match, they do a really good range of pink and yellow undertones (I need pink), it blends easily and lasts well. WMBA but I have a lot of foundation to get through first.

I've really kept the ins down again this month, I think I got some Avon perfume this month and some face wash but I don't count that as it is just basic stuff (Sebamed) which we all use.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »

My PP list for August
    [STRIKE]
    Bee Good Hot Cloth Cleanser[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Imperial Leather Foaming Shower Gel Bergamot & Sea Minerals[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun with Aloe Vera[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Boots Extracts Cocoa Butter Body Butter[/STRIKE]
    L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Aphrodite Scarlet
    [STRIKE]Philosophy Shortbread Cookie Shower Gel[/STRIKE]
    Clinique Superdefense Moisturiser 15ml x 2
    Liz Earle Superskin Roll On 15ml

My updated PP list. I've used one of the Clinique moisturisers too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • London_baby
    Options
    A few ins due to my upcoming hols:

Superdrug Sugar wax: Not looking forward to waxing myself tomorrow :-(

2 x Aldi roll-on deodorants

Aldi Lacura Anti-wrinkle eye gel

Superdrug Solait SPF transparent spray

Fantasia IC Aloe/Vitamin Night time Oil treatment - Hope it will cure my dry, frizzy hair.
  • VALM
    Options
    LUSH Cup o Coffee. Adding coffee to this didn't help so decided to UU all over my body (rather than just my face). Will repurchase.

L'Occitane Verbena liquid soap, HG. Will repurchase but have Lavender one to use first.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family