No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries August 2017

Options

Comments

• sunny_money
    Options
    TA

Dove Derma Spa - Goodness3 Body Oil - 150ml. WNBA. Not a dry oil, didn't moisturise well. Would be good for an Instagram bikini photo as it leaves a golden glow but that's about it! 80% used.
    Neutrogena Visibly Clear - Spot Stress Control Foaming Wash - 150ml - OHs reject - I don't have a spot issue but got more after using this probably because I didn't need to use it. 80% used.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sstevo19 wrote: »
    One UU this morning:

Lush Christingle 100g WBA. I really like this. I save it for summer as the menthol crystals are perfectly cooling for the clammy summer weather :)

I was daft and used this in Winter. Brrrr!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 August 2017 at 4:33PM
    Options
    Hi everyone, I cannot believe that we are almost at the End of August:(

UU
    15ml Clinique Repairwear Uplifting cream 8/82
    3ml Bio effect EGF Serum 9/83 Love this but too expensive:(
    30ml Clinique DDML 10/84

GA
    2 x 35ml Elemis Frangipani Moisture Melt 4&5/12
    90ml NIOD Sanskrit Saponins Cleansing Balm 6/13
    SBC Propolis Gel 7/14
    SBC Collagen Gel 8/15

IN
    41g Mitchum AP/Deo Stick 4/42
    30 No7 Quick Thinking Wipes 5/43
    NIOD
    15ml CAIS 6/44
    15ml MMHC 7/45
    30ml Photography Fliud 8/46
    90ml Mastic Must 9/47
    Quite a heavy month on the INs, but I have learned that when new or niche brands first come to the market there are offers to be found everywhere, once established the prices go up (e.g. Emma Hardie, Bio-effect, Merumaya) so as the first 3 NIOD products listed are HG's I am trying to buy ahead, but need to be a little careful on the shelf life.

ETA - just checked and they are 6 months opened and 2 years unopened, so no need to worry just yet.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Three INs today:

SVR Sebiaclear SPF50+ Creme 50ml
    SVR Senisifiane AR SPF50+ Creme 50ml
    Avene Eau Thermale Water Spray 300ml

First impressions of the Sebiaclear SPF is amazing, it's light, it sinks in quick and no white cast. Going to start using it in the morning and hopefully it won't break me out.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,987 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know that there are a few gals around here who like nail polish and wondered if anyone has tried the above and if so what are your thoughts please? It is rather more of an initial outlay having to buy the base and topcoats as well as colours, if it really does last much longer I feel it may be worth the cost for a couple of favourite colours and mean I do not have to cart all my mani kit with me when we are away in the caravan for 5/6 nights at a time.

I have long fingers and very long nail beds, but often the tips only just reach the end of my fingers so wrapping the tips with any NP I use can be near impossible:(
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I know that there are a few gals around here who like nail polish and wondered if anyone has tried the above and if so what are your thoughts please? It is rather more of an initial outlay having to buy the base and topcoats as well as colours, if it really does last much longer I feel it may be worth the cost for a couple of favourite colours and mean I do not have to cart all my mani kit with me when we are away in the caravan for 5/6 nights at a time.

I have long fingers and very long nail beds, but often the tips only just reach the end of my fingers so wrapping the tips with any NP I use can be near impossible:(

I've never heard of this so can't help on that. When I go away I just take OPI Nail Envy with me and do the seven day treatment thing because I can't be bothered taking everything with me. I do find the Essie Good To Go Topcoat to be very, very hard wearing, particularly over Essie polish though.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

Bee Good Honey & Propolis Cream Cleanser - this was a full size which came in a beauty box I think, nice but nothing special so WNBA.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have UU'ed Pixi & Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse. I uu'ed balm quicker than the cream actually and both are really good. Especially the balm is very good to take makeup off. I have another one that I will start using.
    ally.
  • shed35
    shed35 Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

Hope you all having a good bank holiday.

This is my weekly update:-

Champney Citrus Nourishing Body Cream
    Wunderbalm Lip Balm
    Body Shop Satsuma Body Gel
    Asda Little Angel Baby Oil
    Carmex Lip Balm

IN
    Waitrose Baby Butter Cream x 2
    Johnson Talcum Powder
    Has Argan Oil Deep Hair Conditioner (Sample Size)
    Child Farm Body Moisturiser
    Avene Cleansing Bar

NBI
    ASOP Geranium Body Cleanser

Total = 84

More ins as I did the triple points deal on the Boots Advantage Card today and needed to spend over £30 but I did restrain myself!
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »

I keep wondering about this myself. Saw a kit reduced in Sally's but the colour was the blue Breakfast at Tiffanys one which I own and don't like so didn't bother.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family