Brittany ferries reduction

Options
I have read of people travelling as the 'guest' of an existing member of their Club Voyage scheme using that person's membership number. Obviously if the member is willing! Are there any disadvantages to this eg does the member have to make the guest's booking and can the guest then make any alterations etc.
I think we could get about £100 off next summer but is it worth the hassle?
Experiences and advice please? I'm not asking for a membership number just yet. Just like to plan ahead!
Thanks

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    I used the number of some random person on the internet, there were no disadvantages, I made the booking, all I did was quote his number and got the discount. I think he got something out of it was well, not sure what. Mind this was a few years ago, not sure if it's changed.
  • travelgran
    travelgran Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the information!
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 July 2017 at 11:10AM
    Options
    I am a member and get discounts on my crossings plus a free cabin or free breakfast on some off peak crossings.
    If someone uses my number as a friend to book their crossing they get 10% off and I get £10 towards my next crossing.
    There is a limit on the number of friends I can have, it was 10 but this year I got £120 off my booking. It now costs £70 a year to be a member but for me it is worth paying.
    So it is a win win situation.
    If any MSEers want a discount PM me.
  • AlexMac
    AlexMac Posts: 2,990 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    And remember the other "moneysavingexpert" tip about Brittany Ferries;
    If you book three or more nights acommodation from their extensive list of hotels, Paradors and casas, the total package price falls significantly and cabin upgrades arefar cheaper too (e.g. to our preferred "large 2/4 berth outside" ones to save using upper bunks and get a window; without the package deal, that alone can add £150 each way to the crossing price; this way, it adds about £15-20).

Also.... Register for their mailings and get warning of their 20% early booking discount- which has been announced in each of the past few years for Nov-Dec.

Even if you are just driving through to the south, three nights in a hotel is no hardship, and although you have to ring in to book multi-sit stopovers, you can do the hotel research prior on their excellent map-search tool.

We tend to get a fortnight's hol with car, cabin upgrades and 12 nights B&B in upmarket hotels for a grand, whereas a basic crossing can cost £800 in the same season!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure