Rewards for switching energy

stelee844
stelee844 Posts: 36 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
Does anybody know of any suppliers providing a free gift for joining Im leaving my current supplier due to bad service.

Comments

• Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 905 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 29 July 2017 at 4:54PM
    [FONT=&quot]I just recently signed my sons flat up for Sainsbury's Energy Fix and Reward August 2018.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The deal includes a £100 Sainsbury’s Gift Card.

This was by no way the cheapest dual fuel deal on the market but as his flat usage is very low, it worked out as good as the best deal on the market ,after adding in the free £100 Gift Card.

The Gift Card is supposed to arrive within 28 days of the start of your fixed period,his did not.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I phoned to chase, it was escalated and arrived a few days later.

Of course Sainsbury's Energy is part of British Gas. Some may love, some will hate. I have always found British Gas to be reasonable people to deal with if problems arise.

Sainsbury's Energy did muck up his Direct Debits payments but they did get resolved as well.

[/FONT]
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Surely the only thing that matters is the annual cost of the tariff? Which would you rather opt for-a £50 incentive, or a tariff that saves you £51 (or more) per year?
    By all means factor in the incentive, but don't let it cloud your judgement.
    PS: they aren't 'free', they're factored into the price you pay.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport