Peugeot dealership ppi

Options
Hi

I purchased a new car in 2001 and was advised to take out their version of ppi - although I had cover via work including sickness cover etc, I worked for the local authority. However it was my first car purchase and felt pressured to agree to the insurance. 8mths later I settled off the finance. I recently found the document of insurance and so felt in better position to look at mis-selling.

I contacted Peugeot finance who told me that all finance issues are now dealt with by Santander. I contacted Santander and recently after 12weeks they contacted me to say they know I had the insurance added but because it was sold face to face at a dealership then I need to contact the dealership as they should be be ones to incestgate and reimburse.

Has anyone had any success in pursuing a claim direct to a dealership - the dealership is still in operation but so far after emails they have not a lnowledged my query. I realise 2001 is many years ago is it too late?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone had any success in pursuing a claim direct to a dealership - the dealership is still in operation but so far after emails they have not a lnowledged my query. I realise 2001 is many years ago is it too late?

Most dealers did not become regulated until January 2005. So, they do not have to consider complaints about pre-regulation sales.

The dealer has already refused to volunteer to consider your complaint. So, that avenue is now closed. There is a very very small number of cases (typically single digit success rates) where the insurer on these pre-regulation cases can actually end up liable (because of unusual commercial agreements). That is really the only option open to you now.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure