IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Notice of Intended Court Proceedings

Options
chrisypaty
chrisypaty Posts: 18 Forumite
edited 27 July 2017 at 8:51PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello,

Recently the owners of my apartment block have employed myparkingcharge.co.uk to 'manage our underground parking. I received a parking permit which I placed in the holder in my car. The parking space is also written in the tenancy agreement.

Back in April I went away on holiday for 2 weeks and before my holiday I cleaned the car and put the parking permit in my glove box whilst hoovering the car and forgot to put it back. On my return from my holiday I had 15 PCNs under my wipers.

I appealed the charges on the website for £60 each and the appeals were rejected by myparkingcharge, with a reduced fee offered. I have ignored these reduced charges for all the PCNs and did not appeal to the IPC as mentioned in the NEWBIES thread.

I have now received notice of intended court proceeding unless I pay £100 each by a certain date. I have read the NEWBIES thread but I am still a bit confused as to what to do now.

Also I am changing address soon so would like to know what I have to do.

Thanks.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,386 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you have read the NEWBIES thread, so you already know what to do to reply to a LBCCC.

Also search the forum for:
    myparkingcharge.co.uk

...and also, different parking firm but please read hairray's thread about complaining to your Managing Agent, URGENTLY.

Dig out your lease/tenancy. What does it say EXACTLY about parking, or rights of way? High time you rejected the regime imposed upon you. Why the heck have you all agreed to display permits? In your bays?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Make sure you have post redirected. You don't want a default ccj.

Respond as per post 2 in the Newbies thread. This is a letter before claim there is a section in post 2 with templates.
  • chrisypaty
    Options
    No I did not know what to do. The deadline for action was yesterday for some of the letters. Will this mean I will be going to court?

I have searched some other myparkingcharge threads but none of them were to do with residential parking.

I contacted my landlord on Tuesday to contact the firm which manages the building but am yet to hear back and I could not contact her any sooner as she was on holiday.

In the contract it a car park pass & permit is listed for our in space in the inventory.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Don't fret too much about their deadlines. They are not set in stone as far as a court is concerned. If you are a few days late in replying it won't hurt.

When deadlines do matter is with the actual court itself. Should it come to court papers be on time. Some PPC's have had claims thrown out before court because of their tardiness so don't let a claim form faze you.
  • chrisypaty
    Options
    Ok point noted about the deadlines.

So they have sent this notice of intended court proceedings unless I pay £100 for each parking ticket. Should I have responded in letter to the company? and if so should I still respond or wait for court letters?

There is only a phone number which is probably a premium number and a registered office address in the footer of the page.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    chrisypaty wrote: »
    I have searched some other myparkingcharge threads but none of them were to do with residential parking.
    Yeah... but hairray's thread is, and would take more than a few minutes to read and understand what to do when complaining about this utter scam. So is Daniel san's thread, and infernouk...and all the other ones you can find by searching 'residential defence'.
    No I did not know what to do.
    You said you've read the NEWBIES thread. You have a LBCCC. It tells you what to do, how to reply.
    In the contract it a car park pass & permit is listed for our in space in the inventory.
    That's not what was asked, we need EXACT wording, the capitals were for a reason:
    Dig out your lease/tenancy. What does it say EXACTLY about parking, or rights of way?
    Bet neither the tenancy nor the inventory mentions £100 for parking. £100 in black and white, for daily parking?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,618 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Myparkingcharge is a debt collector/back office function for a specific private parking company (PPC). As such, they cannot instigate court proceedings - so don't fret about the empty threat of 'Notice of Intended Court Proceedings'.

Lurking in the background is a 'real' PPC. Tell us who it is and we'll tell you exactly how this will play out.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    VCS or Excel?
  • chrisypaty
    Options
    Thanks coupon-mad, I am in the process of reading hairrays thread.

It is excel who are behind them.

There is nothing in the tenancy agreement about charging £100 for parking.

1.5 Property - It states 'the property.....together with the fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects therein and more particularly specified in the inventory signed by the tenant and all grounds.

The inventory states we have a car park pass and permit for space...
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Good, as expected, you have had a permit foisted upon you but with no charge or obligation, not even a note that says the signage forms part of the permit 'contract'. I bet you didn't even know the permit was supposedly binding you to an unknown contract to pay £100 a pop, per day.

Hairray's thread will really assist you to put fire in your belly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport