Nationwide Flexclusive Regular Saver value HALVED

Options

Comments

• Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have just received a letter from Nationwide saying my Flexclusive Regular Saver is about to mature and fortunately remembered the OP's comments.

The letter states that the current FRS account will move to a Flexclusive Saver earning .5% (repeat .5%) on maturity.

It then states I can open a new FRS (issue 8) account earning 5% as soon as the old one matures.

The letter does not say anything about the maximum monthly payment reduction so I am posting this just in case anybody missed the OP's comments the first time round.
    2010 Posts: 5,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I aslo got a letter saying maturity is coming up and it will transfer to a saver account paying half of one per cent.
    It also says to wait until the day after maturity until you open another reg saver at 5%.

I had not noticed that they have chopped the monthly saving amount by half to £250, so thanks for pointing it out.

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/terms-and-conditions/flexclusive-regular-saver-2-terms-and-conditions

What would the interest be over the year at £250 a month?
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    £75
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • bowlhead99
    bowlhead99 Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Post of the Month
    edited 7 November 2017 at 10:14AM
    Options
    2010 wrote: »
    It also says to wait until the day after maturity until you open another reg saver at 5%.

I had not noticed that they have chopped the monthly saving amount by half to £250, so thanks for pointing it out.

Assmuing all the payments go in as soon as they can at the start of a month, you can get up to £81.25 on the RS account.

And also, assuming you already have the whole £3k that you'd deploy over the course of the year available from a previous matured account (rather than the £250pm being new money coming from salary or pension or whatever), you would be earning money in your other account on the remaining balanceof the £3k you'll eventually transfer over (i.e. the amount that hasn't moved into the new RS account yet). If that was all stuck in an account paying 0.5% it would give you about 7 quid, but if 1% then about £14 or 2% about £28 etc

*edit - I said 80.64 at first with the standard calculation thinking the interest was credited monthly but as it comes all at end of the year you get the full (proportionate) 5% on everything times the amount and day-count for each deposit.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    £81.25:). This message is 'too short'.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 November 2017 at 10:25AM
    Options
    You can deposit £250 per calendar month so in 365 days you can build up £6,500. If the first deposit is on the last day of a month and the second is a day later this £500 will earn almost a full month of interest.

After twelve months the interest will exceed £93 with the exact figure dependent on the exact timing.

Edit. Courtesy of ColdIron, the maximum is 13 x £250 which is £3,250. The maximum interest though is over £93.
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    2010 wrote: »
    No need to have asked. The answer is in the summary box.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    You can deposit £250 per calendar month so in 365 days you can build up £6,500
    Coughs ;)
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can deposit £250 per calendar month so in 365 days you can build up £6,500. If the first deposit is on the last day of a month and the second is a day later this £500 will earn almost a full month of interest.

After twelve months the interest will exceed £93 with the exact figure dependent on the exact timing.
    ColdIron wrote: »
    Coughs ;)
    Oops, if only:)

Should of course be £3,250. I was thinking of the £6,500 I will have built up by late December based on the previous maximum of £500 per month.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can deposit £250 per calendar month ...... If the first deposit is on the last day of a month and the second is a day later this £500 will earn almost a full month of interest.

Edit. Courtesy of ColdIron, the maximum is 13 x £250 which is £3,250. The maximum interest though is over £93.

Great idea but my current FRS matures on the last day of the month:mad::mad:

Why aren't there 31 days in November?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport