We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Credit limit increase
Sncjw
Posts: 3,614 Forumite
Hi I have a next account and they have sent me an email saying they can increase my limit to £3750 from £600. That is a massive jump Especially when I barely reach £100.
Should I accept the increase when it's not needed.
Should I accept the increase when it's not needed.
Mortgage free wannabe
Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150
Starting balance £66,565.45
Current balance £53,769
Cc 1k at 0 percent
Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150
Starting balance £66,565.45
Current balance £53,769
Cc 1k at 0 percent
0
Comments
-
Up to up. It's not a huge amount.
But if you think you have too much credit elsewhere, then decline it.0 -
I only have my credit card 2k limit and my phone which is £20 a monthMortgage free wannabe
Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150
Starting balance £66,565.45
Current balance £53,769
Cc 1k at 0 percent0 -
Then I'd accept it. Makes you look a little more trusted.0
-
Even if I pay off my credit card in full each month and my next account . Why offer this limit when they barely touch itMortgage free wannabe
Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150
Starting balance £66,565.45
Current balance £53,769
Cc 1k at 0 percent0 -
They're hoping for increased spend. Doesn't mean you have to make it.0
-
They did it to me, I buy a couple of pairs a trousers for work, a couple of shirts and they increased my limit to £5000.0
-
Did you accept the limit.Mortgage free wannabe
Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150
Starting balance £66,565.45
Current balance £53,769
Cc 1k at 0 percent0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards