Stephen Nolan

Personally I do not Mind him, Some of his Facebook Videos are funny with Big Audrey as he calls her but is he worth a salary of between £400,000 and £449,999 a year ?
I suppose if the BBC Is fool enough to pay why why should he not take it :shocked::shocked:
~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
*Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)

Comments

• Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    When Nolan is discussed it is rarely in the context of his entire team, for each day of the week he has a team of people in place coming up with topics, doing their research and organising guests etc. Nolan is really just the figurehead and I don't begrudge anyone accepting a large pay cheque as clearly he is deemed to be worth it by his bosses.
  • qwert_yuiop
    qwert_yuiop Posts: 3,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    It's supposed to be a public service broadcaster, effectively a branch of the civil service. There's no way to justify that salary.
    If he quits, is he going to get that in the private sector?

The team are also public sector employees. He doesn't pay them.
    “What means that trump?” Timon of Athens by William Shakespeare
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    I didn't say Nolan paid his team, I said they do most of the work whereas Nolan is just a figurehead.
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    It's supposed to be a public service broadcaster, effectively a branch of the civil service. There's no way to justify that salary.
    If he quits, is he going to get that in the private sector?

The team are also public sector employees. He doesn't pay them.

He'd probably get more. It's generally accepted that the highly paid entertainment presenters are less well paid than commercial counterparts, with the possible exception of the MOTD team.

You have to remember in Nolan's case that covers the TV show, Radio Ulster, Radio 5 Live and all the other work in between. He is exceptionally busy and while most of us can only dream of that kind of salary, who are we to argue with that the BBC bosses deem appropriate?
  • Honkycat
    Honkycat Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    We are the payers of the licence fee.
  • qwert_yuiop
    duggan1 wrote: »
    He'd probably get more. It's generally accepted that the highly paid entertainment presenters are less well paid than commercial counterparts, with the possible exception of the MOTD team.

You have to remember in Nolan's case that covers the TV show, Radio Ulster, Radio 5 Live and all the other work in between. He is exceptionally busy and while most of us can only dream of that kind of salary, who are we to argue with that the BBC bosses deem appropriate?

It seems most MPs object for a start. His efforts produce no commercial benefit. Other BBC shows such as top gear and dr who make a lot of money in sales abroad. Nolan is purely a public service broadcaster. Fair play to him if he can get a fortune on itv or downtown radio. That would purely be a business decision in commercial broadcasting and of little relevance to the taxpayer in these supposed times of austerity.
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Its none of anyone's business.

The man works on the radio in the morning, 5 live at night and then runs a TV show. He earns a lot because hes a public figure and to be honest I dont envy the working hours he puts in.

Nice salary, hard work.
  • qwert_yuiop
    Zola. wrote: »
    Its none of anyone's business.

The man works on the radio in the morning, 5 live at night and then runs a TV show. He earns a lot because hes a public figure and to be honest I dont envy the working hours he puts in.

Nice salary, hard work.

I'd say it's the business of those who pay his salary. That's you.
  • Zola.
    Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I get value out of his morning radio shows where imbeciles call in, gives me a good laugh, and moments of despair..
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Zola. wrote: »
    I get value out of his morning radio shows where imbeciles call in, gives me a good laugh, and moments of despair..
    I Rarley Listen anymore Stephen and cate for me on Q because that Is the time I am In the car I like Stephen Nolan and would watch his Show on TV I would not turn down that Pay check Would You?
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure