Tales from The Shire

Options

Comments

• Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Fortune! The Shire is sounding lovely!! I always find salad leaves and spinach are very good to fill an empty veg patch as they grow really quickly! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Jessy103 wrote: »
    Hi Fortune! The Shire is sounding lovely!! I always find salad leaves and spinach are very good to fill an empty veg patch as they grow really quickly! x

Oooh - spinach would be fab as we eat loads. Thanks Jessy.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Jeans success GP :grin:
    Big big thanks.
    So so chuffed.

:j :j :j :T :T

Did you see this Fortune?
    Thanks again :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I have been on light duties today compared to the last few days.

We called the Refurb Man and talked through a few ideas. There are still some costs we need to bottom out so will have to wait for those to come in before we can press the go button.

I popped into the market town to get my hair done and came out with a re-style :eek: It was supposed to be a trim but I think it was quite hard to see what my original style was supposed to be after seven weeks growth so she took a guess :rotfl: It's not too far off what I usually have and probably a little more modern so I'm happy. The cost was slightly less than I usually pay too :)

Whilst I was in town I dropped off some things to a charity shop and had a little explore. Also picked up a few groceries including some lovely artisan bread. It smelt so good that Mr F and I ate it for our tea with a bit of cheese and some red wine. Not the healthiest of meals but boy was it delicious :D

The heaviest work I've done today is making gin from some of the damsons we picked.

Mr F is at home this weekend and we have no guests :j My DS has delayed her visit by a few days so we have a bit of breathing space. We are intending to explore a bit and pick up a few things so that we can sort the garden out some more. Our wheelbarrow and hoe arrived today and I couldn't have been more excited. My baby don't care for shows, my baby don't care for clothes... my baby just cares for hoes :rotfl:

The tail end of Hurricane Gert work me again last night :( I hope I get used to the noise soon... or the sun starts shining :) Wouldn't that be nice.

Have a great weekend everyone

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Did you see this Fortune?
    Thanks again :)

Oh I'd missed it Beanie. So pleased you like them. I'm happy with mine too :D

Fortune x
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Mr F is at home this weekend and we have no guests :j My DS has delayed her visit by a few days so we have a bit of breathing space. We are intending to explore a bit and pick up a few things so that we can sort the garden out some more. Our wheelbarrow and hoe arrived today and I couldn't have been more excited. My baby don't care for shows, my baby don't care for clothes... my baby just cares for hoes :rotfl:

Love, dunna get too easily pleased will ya? Remember, Diamonds are a girl's best friend............;)

Greying :rotfl:X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £73.49/215
    Non-food household spend May £16.96/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • porgiegeorgie
    Options
    The tail end of Hurricane Gert work me again last night :( I hope I get used to the noise soon... or the sun starts shining :) Wouldn't that be nice.

Have a great weekend everyone

Fortune x

I was woken by the storms in the early hours of Thursday morning too and in my sleepy, confused state thought it was the bin lorry carrying on :rotfl: DH is working abroad at the moment and says they've been having some mega storms too. They're everywhere!

I have a weekend of decorating planned so you're welcome to send any rainy weather this way :p
    MFiT-T4 #75: £142,480 to £86,700 by Jan 2019
    [STRIKE]Feb16: £142,480[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]April16: £138,900[/STRIKE]. [STRIKE]July16: £132,242[/STRIKE][STRIKE] Oct16: £129,824[/STRIKE], July17: £115,841
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm really enjoying your diary. Your new life sounds great:)

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I was woken by the storms in the early hours of Thursday morning too and in my sleepy, confused state thought it was the bin lorry carrying on :rotfl: DH is working abroad at the moment and says they've been having some mega storms too. They're everywhere!

I have a weekend of decorating planned so you're welcome to send any rainy weather this way :p

Rain continues here PG but it doesn't seem to be as torrential as before so I am finally getting some sleep :)
    pinkypig wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying your diary. Your new life sounds great:)

PP x

Thanks Pinky - we are gradually getting used to life in The Shire.

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    We took the day off yesterday and went to the market in the market town. Had fun exploring and blew the last of this month's fun money on lunch out. Also bought some local cheeses which I'm keeping for lunch when DS visits this week.

Today we took advantage of the dry weather to get a little more work done in the garden. Mr F helped me organise the veg patch a bit and we planted some spinach :D Although it feels so autumnal today that I don't know whether we'll see any results. Also planted up some of my pots with herbs using leftover supermarket plants and cuttings from the vegetable garden so I can have some handy by the kitchen door :)

Six items listed on the Bay of E this evening so we'll see how they do. I need to start clearing the debris from the move.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Fortune x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback