British Gas Discrimination??

SilverFox
SilverFox Posts: 21 Forumite
BG are currently putting out an offer for new CH boilers;-- buy a new boiler now and enjoy a year's free gas (up to £800 - that's alot of gas for most houses) - or £305.81 off the up-front price of a new boiler, and if you're over 60, you can claim another £300.00 IF YOU LIVE IN ENGLAND!!!!

I persued this and was told that the National Assembly [in its infinite wisdom] have agreed to a possible subsidy of £500 if you have no heating i.e. your existing boiler must be completely cream-crackered.
Another proffered reason for 'Englang only' offer from BG is that we over-60s, get free bus travel and we all get free NHS prescriptions; both true but I can't see that as a reason for discrimination by British Gas . . .

Comments

• PurpleDuck
    PurpleDuck Posts: 230 Forumite
    we can't even get gas here :confused: Not economically viable to connect the village apparently
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    That is really disappointing, especially as you are pretty close to the border in Cardiff! Another example of postcode lottery? Makes 'British' gas into 'English'!

MiL gets free travel and free prescriptions - and she lives in Scotland, so their 'proffered' argument is flawed.

Is it worth taking this further eg MP?(rather than assembly member) or The Ferret?
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport