Nhs prescription penalty charge

Options
2»

Comments

• Martyn10733
    Options
    Please Help,

I signed up for an NHS prepayment card in February 2018 and it was activated on the 1st March, on the 28th February i picked up my prescription 7 hours before the card was activated and i have now received a fine for one hundred and twenty five pounds, i have rang them today and they advised me that there is nothing that i can do, however, in this day and age i thought there must be something i can do, this was done in total error and i and i'm more than willing to pay for the prescription, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Please Help,

I signed up for an NHS prepayment card in February 2018 and it was activated on the 1st March, on the 28th February i picked up my prescription 7 hours before the card was activated and i have now received a fine for one hundred and twenty five pounds, i have rang them today and they advised me that there is nothing that i can do, however, in this day and age i thought there must be something i can do, this was done in total error and i and i'm more than willing to pay for the prescription, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You will be better starting your own thread as people may read the first post and leave.

However you picked up a prescription without a valid exemption certificate. It doesn’t matter if it was one month or one minute.

Why do you feel that there must be something to be done in this day and age? If it was so simple to change the outcome everyone would chance it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure