🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

YouInvest or Interactive Investor

Options
13»

Comments

• EdSwippet
    EdSwippet Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 August 2017 at 1:59PM
    Options
    Mandelbaum wrote: »
    Are either of YouInvest or iii (or any of the other platforms) better at being a bit more scientific on the execution of buying and selling funds?
    I don't think you will find that any platform provides the sort of "great for transparency" on pricing that it appears you are looking for. Unit trusts and OEICs always trade using a 'forward pricing' mechanism, meaning that you can never know the actual unit price for a fund order when you place it.

That aside, the one feature I really would like to see more fund platforms provide is the ability for a same-day and direct switch between funds. For some reason, perhaps forward pricing again, this appears to be pretty rare among UK retail platforms. Without it, to switch you have to sell units in Fund A, wait a day until the value of that trade is known, and only then can you buy units in Fund B. The result is a day out of the markets and two fund trading charges (where the platform applies these) rather than just one. None of the (many!) SIPP providers I have used have provided this feature. My FriendsLife group personal pension does, though.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,248 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Fidelity and Bestinvest both allow you to switch funds as a single transaction. Of course behind the scenes they can't put in a buy order until the value of the sell has been confirmed but all of this is hidden from the user.
  • _pete_
    _pete_ Posts: 213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A general comment - I'm planning to move from A J Bell Youinvest to IWeb as soon as I figure out which funds to buy.

I was a victim of the A J Bell price hike and have found their customer service utterly underwhelming - on one occasion I had to email Andy Bell direct in order to get some action on a problem with their website.

IWeb are much cheaper, and essentially all I need is a home for 2 or 3 funds in a SIPP wrapper.
  • jimmyjones_2
    Options
    Since this thread is active again I figured I would provide an update.

I decided to go with Fidelity and invest in a selection of Ishares, HSBC and Vanguard ETFs. My pension transfer from Standard Life completed in a couple of weeks and my transfer from BestInvest is in progress. I am happy with Fidelity so far.

I might transfer my ISA to fidelity but I can't work out if the £45 flat fee applies to each account or once for all accounts.
  • greenglide
    greenglide Posts: 3,301 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    It is only once (they aren't HL!)

• We take the total value of all your investments with Fidelity Personal Investing to calculate the rate that will apply
    • This rate is applied to your holdings in each account that you hold in your sole name
    • If the rate you pay is £45 you will only pay this once, no matter how many accounts you hold – that’s just £3.75 per month
    In their charges and fees on the web site https://www.fidelity.co.uk/investor/funds/fund-charge.page
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    _pete_ wrote: »
    A general comment - I'm planning to move from A J Bell Youinvest to IWeb as soon as I figure out which funds to buy.

I was a victim of the A J Bell price hike and have found their customer service utterly underwhelming - on one occasion I had to email Andy Bell direct in order to get some action on a problem with their website.

IWeb are much cheaper, and essentially all I need is a home for 2 or 3 funds in a SIPP wrapper.

IWEB SIPPs are provided by AJ Bell, and the SIPPs have different charges from IWEB ordinary dealing accounts and ISAs.

http://www.iweb-sharedealing.co.uk/charges-and-interest-rates/sipp-charges.asp
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport