PPI Commission

Options
I had a loan with Egg Bank. I asked them about PPI and they said I didn't have any on the account. I was sure I did. I asked them again to check under their appeal procedure and again they denied I had any. I went to a PPI Company and they retrieved a refund for me from the EGG PPI from EGG's new company Canada Square. I then had to pay the commission on this. I wrote to Canada Square telling them that as EGG themselves had twice refused to pay me what I was owed they should also repay the commission I eventually had to pay to the PPI Company. They refused. I tried going to various ombudsmen and even at one time the Cabinet Office and all denied it was anything they could deal with. It seems to me to be grossly unfair. Is there somebody I can approach?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Is there somebody I can approach?
    Nobody forced you to employ a claims management company I'm afraid. You alone agreed for them to represent you in PPI complaints in exchange for a huge proportion of any redress.

If you had instead spent £10 on a Subject Access Request (SAR) letter direct to the Bank the details of your PPI would have been revealed. This is what the Claim Company will have done.

You appear to have already approached several official bodies, but none can force the Bank to pay the commission you agreed.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It seems to me to be grossly unfair. Is there somebody I can approach?

THe complaints process is free of charge. If you choose to employ someone and pay them to use the free of charge service then it is your choice and no-one else's. So, it is not unfair.

Some companies have been retrieving old data and going back over older rejected complaints and changing decisions. The CMC did nothing you couldnt do. They just got lucky.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure