PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,451 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 September 2017 at 5:12PM
    Options
    Morning everyone.......up/down up/down up/down that's the pattern of my weight this week, today it's up but I'm not surprised as it was raining yesterday and I spent most of it indoors cooking for the freezer. Hoping for a better day today as the weather looks as if it's cheered up so I'll spend as much of my time as I can outdoors on the veg plot.

L some sort of soup - Made pea and ham soup as I had bits of cooked frozen ham used frozen peas and a small potato and a small onion plus two low salt chicken stock cubes: banana to follow
    D something made with mince - I'm thinking cottage pie with loads of vegetables. I'll cover my bit with swede and carrot mash. DH can have potatoes on his bit
  • JordieLee
    Options
    Hey all. I'm new here.

I need to get back on track with my weight loss. I lost about 4 stone last year, some weeks I was losing 9lbs a week. Then I lost my motivation and have put most of it back on.

I'm trying to get back at it but I'm currently staying at my nans while she's in hospital so I haven't got my scales with me to check how I'm doing and her kitchen is tiny and I'll equipped so I can only make the basics lol plus my partner is fussy and we can't afford to eat separate meals soooooo this is going to be fun
    Debt - £186.72 of £9,422.13

Savings - £176 of £2000
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I'm glad I left my weigh in until today - no idea how but I've lost weight! Not sure how much as some sneaked back on earlier this week, but taking t' other from which I'm now 1.8 lbs away from where I want to be so overall I think that's 1.2 lbs gone ( we'll draw a veil over the bits I gained methinks) We're off on holiday on Monday so not holding out much hope of losing much next week but plenty of walking planned so hopefully that'll counteract all the food! Happy Saturday everyone x x
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Welcome JordieLee. Losing 9lbs a week? Good heavens, were you severing body parts?
    I had an experience of cooking for two and not always what you would choose to eat when trying to lose weight. In the end I discovered that the only way out was portion control. I gradually reduced the size of my portions and then the size of my plate. It was slow but even 1/2 lb off is better than nothing.
    Today I have eaten exactly the same as I ate yesterday, So far, so boring.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

I had a sausage and chip tea last night from our local chippy as I went into town to watch my grandchildren in the carnival. Afterwards, we had a movie night so that involved a small bar of chocolate :o. Must Do Better!

So, today is going to be planned out. My meals look like this:

b - porridge and a banana
    l - roast chicken, broccoli, green beans and carrots. Maybe a bit of stuffing too but no potatoes.
    d - Here is where I struggle. It's too easy to make a sandwich but I need to stay off the bread. I will make myself an omelette I think.

I did manage to lose 3lb this week so I would like to lose another 2lb next week to take me down into the next stone bracket.

Hope you all have a great day and make good choices. Take care xx
  • gresleyrover
    Options
    Morning. Thank you all for your congrats, mum and little one doing well. Dumpling thats a great loss this week.
    Surprisingly, considering what a chaotic week I've had, I've managed to lose 0.4lb. Not a huge loss but its down.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh Dear! Oh Dear! Oh dear!
    I go out to lunch with friends and completely lose my head and all my self control..Are you ready for this?

Br: The usual.

Lunch: (takes deep brearh) Turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes, new potatoes, broccoli, carrots, mashed swede, gravy and cranberry sauce.
    And if that's not bad enough, I could have skipped pudding but I didn't.

Strawberry pavlova

A few drinks and a guilty conscience.

In my defence I did ask for a small lunch but it wasn't THAT small. The pudding made no pretence of being small, it was huge.

Am now at home sipping a black coffee and about to iron the hair shirt that I will be wearing for the rest of this week.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    Don't worry monna I may be joining you. Off out for an anniversary dinner. I'm planning on being good, but its Italian. And the food just seems to jump onto my plate. I must remind myself that DH is making tiramisu for us with steak tomorrow night. I DO NOT need it 2 nights in a row.

I DON'T

I REALLY DON'T
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • TiredTrophy
    Options
    Have a nigroni to begin and you wont notice.....
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,451 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    L leftover tomato soup from Friday about 15 pistachios and one biscuit
    middle of the afternoon;- left over pea and ham soup from yesterday, my excuse is that there was not enough to make it worthwhile freezing
    D roast vegetables with herbs, sweet potatoes, carrot, onions, swede, squash and beetroot. maybe a small piece of cheese afterwards and 20g dark chocolate.
    weigh-in day tomorrow :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family