IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Secure A Space –!help with POPLA appeal

Options
13»

Comments

• paulT
    paulT Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Redx - not hijacking the thread at all - it's just that this whole post is almost exactly the same subject and location as ProstetnicVogonJeltz; therefore any solution / advice regarding his query is the same for mine
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So read their thread. Dont post on it looking for advice for your situation.
    One case one thread for obvious reasons.
  • ProstetnicVogonJeltz
    Options
    To close the loop on this case:

I submitted my response to the operator's provided evidence last night, and was surprised to receive a decision from POPLA today. I am happy to report that my appeal was successful.

The POPLA assessor focused on the grounds for appeal concerning the insufficient signage. I don't know if it's OK to post an excerpt from the POPLA decision here. The gist of it is that the photographic evidence from the operator was insufficient for the assessor to judge whether or not Section 18 of the BPA Code of Practice (which states that signs “must be conspicuous and legible and written in intelligible language, so that they are easy to see, read and understand”) was followed. As such, the assessor was unable to judge whether the Parking Charge Notice had been issued correctly, and had to allow the appeal.

Thanks very much to everybody here who has helped me with this case. I appreciate it!

Thanks,
    -PVJ
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    You can post the whole decision in the POPLA decisions thread (with a link back to here). Just redact the assessor's name (as MSE sometimes get a bit twitchy about naming people).
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    To close the loop on this case:

I submitted my response to the operator's provided evidence last night, and was surprised to receive a decision from POPLA today. I am happy to report that my appeal was successful.

The POPLA assessor focused on the grounds for appeal concerning the insufficient signage. I don't know if it's OK to post an excerpt from the POPLA decision here. The gist of it is that the photographic evidence from the operator was insufficient for the assessor to judge whether or not Section 18 of the BPA Code of Practice (which states that signs “must be conspicuous and legible and written in intelligible language, so that they are easy to see, read and understand”) was followed. As such, the assessor was unable to judge whether the Parking Charge Notice had been issued correctly, and had to allow the appeal.

Thanks very much to everybody here who has helped me with this case. I appreciate it!

Thanks,
    -PVJ

Yay!

The PPC didn't ''enter into the spirit'' of the Consumer Rights Act for clarity of contractual terms, then!

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ProstetnicVogonJeltz
    Options
    Thanks –!I've posted the decision (minus the assessor's name) in the POPLA decisions thread, at forums.moneysavingexpert.com/ showthread.php ? p=72992309#post72992309
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure