trouble with housing association

Options
i hope this is the correct forum

whats happened is my housing association has merged (take over) just under a year ago .

they sent all the people on my sheltered housing scheme a letter saying they wanted £40k to redo the access (brick paviers)shared between the 62 properties , bungalows and flats , they put in a short questionnaire of 2 choices ,either yes pay up or no and they would make scheme pedestrian only.

most people on site have learning difficulties or are disabled and when they saw a request for £40k most chose no as they couldnt afford that much but they have been paying full upkeep for site as long as it has been open (32 years)

we objected to this and then the housing association decided they would use health and safety against us and claim site was unsafe as someone could get run over . not even been a near miss in 32 years , they also claimed that the paviers where never meant to be driven on .

anyway we were told that the site would be pedestrian only , but that includes no access for fire or ambulance , which i find worrying.

they are ATM putting a ring of giant 3 ton boulders and bollards around the site , we have tried to complain but have been told there is no complaints procedure and that what the woman in charge says goes

i have made a few videos that I've posted on a Facebook page if anyone wants link

please in there any recourse as we are desperate , we've tried local conservative pm but hes useless

BTW once complete there will be 20 parking spaces between 62 dwellings , which they say is adequate

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Contact your local councillor and fire station over emergency access.

How many occupants have cars?
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    atherlon wrote: »

BTW once complete there will be 20 parking spaces between 62 dwellings , which they say is adequate
    Check the planning permission. Often parking areas are required to remain as parking and cannot be removed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure