PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 16 July 2017

Options

Comments

• RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Judi what a worry for you.Have a hug x

One for you too Karcher,and anyone else needing one.

I've still got the lurgy so not done much all week.Weather is brightening now,must have rained a lot last night though-plenty in the river. DSons back later from their mates wedding further North,its been very quiet.
    Hope the walk goes ok Tru

xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    Morning all,

Well things went belly up last night with Prodigal. After his treatment had ended he was assessed by the mental health team where he was told, unless he was prepared to make some life style changes there was nothing they could do or would do for him. Fair play, i sat in on the meeting and thought it was a fair assessment so he was discharged.

Thats when the trouble started. He had a huge bust up with his Dad outside the flats which was caught on CCTV as he didnt want to go back to the flat and slammed the car door so hard im surprised the windows didnt break. He stormed off.

He made a 999 call at 2am but when they got to him he had disappeared..

We had a visit from the police this morning asking as to his whereabouts....

He has now been listed as a missing person.

My onwards and forwards is not working today,

have a great day all.
    Judi, I am so sorry to hear this. I really do hope that they find him soon.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Judi, what a nightmare for you
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon ((((((((((hugs))))))))))) if you need one, Judi have an extra long one, I hope they find your son safe and well.

Well after a lot of discussion we decided to get another TV. I was not prepared to pay more then £200 for one, eventually found one at Argos for £189.99, ordered it and collected it this morning.

Called to see DD2 she and DGD were sorting the front garden, its been a mess ever since she moved in, GD has uncovered crazy paving under grass which has been allowed to grow over it. We had a cup of tea and cake and then came home.

OH decided he did not want lunch so went for his siesta.....I tackled the new TV......unpacked it, sorted the feet, plugged in the Freeview aerial and the freesat box, pressed the button on the TV and bingo....it loaded up no problem.......I am watching the mens finals......

Roast pork for supper, we will have it a bit earlier. OH is out washing the car ready for tomorrow, do not want to go to a funeral with a grubby car. It is not going to be an easy day for any of us.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,034 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon.

My day has been good so far. Got two loads of washing out on the line, the wind was fair huffing and puffing. Not much sunshine but the blustery wind soon got things dry.

Second marking done - at last. Some reading done. Some tidying up done (cleaner is coming tomorrow morning) and I think broadband almost sorted.

When ex was here the other week he set up a new BT router which I suspect to be the culprit of slow broadband. Speed dropped from a 'high' of 1.9mbps to a less than dial up of 0.41mbps. Last night I had a tantrum to myself :p and put the old router back on. Viola - back to normal! Fortunately ex changed all the passwords and codes to be the same on both routers so no fiddling around, just straight plug and leads swap. So I've cancelled the engineer, for now.

I've cleared out a pile of unwanted / unused nightwear. I'm never going to wear six pairs of pj bottoms, two fluffy tops (can't bear fleece anywhere near me) or anything green.

My new handbag looks good, here's hoping it does the job for me. I need one that isn't too small but not big enough for it to become a depository of stuff, or for anyone else to ask me to carry things for them! And it has to take my tablet. Not easy to fit all those requirements as I really hate big bags. Just watching some women rummaging around in a bag the size of Mary Poppin's drives me mental.

Happy evening.

My
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    JUDI I am so sorry to read about Prodigal. I really hope he is found safe and well soon x

I feel really tired tonight and I don't know why as I have hardly been exerting myself. Pottering and making lunch this morning and then this afternoon I alternated between sitting in the sunshine reading and sitting indoors watching the tennis.

Enjoy your evening if you can folks xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just caught up in the thread, am so sorry Judi, hope you have some positive news soon.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Judi <<hugs>> I hope your son turns up safe and well xx
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Judi hope things improve for Prodigal & you, it must be very difficult being caught between him & your DH.

Have been watching the tennis & listening to the cricket while pottering in the kitchen and preparing a Sunday meal for DH who is shed-building. Popped to the lottie earlier to water the greenhouses and pick the last few strawberries, a few rasps, rhubarb, blue berries & a big bunch of sweet peas which are on the hearth looking at me :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thinking of you Judi xx

Any news?
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
This discussion has been closed.