PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 16 July 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 16 July 2017 at 7:44AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Sunday 16 July 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Sun shining this morning. Feeling warm already.

DH, myself and DS2 all up enjoying first peaceful cuppas, DS1 still in his pit, he went out last night and came in very late/early hours this morning, so we'll leave him to catch up on some sleep.

Dinner last night was pizza, chips/jacket potato, salad for the menfolk, I had jacket potato, tuna and salad. Today we're going to mum and dad's for a bbq at lunchtime, bro and sil are coming down, so it'll be good to catch up.

DH needs a new pair of work boots - we'll be getting those this morning, I also need to get some tomatoes to make a tomato salad for my contribution to the bbq.

Workman finished the work and I'm really pleased with the work that has been done, it looks great.

Back to work tomorrow for me - just this week though, then on annual leave - it can't come soon enough!

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start nmlc.

My usual early start, dogs have been walked, fed and are now snoozing in their beds, bird feeders have been topped up and I am now enjoying the first cuppa of the day.
    It's cool and breezy out there but the weather is meant to be turning warm again over the next few days.
    No need to think about cooking today as we are meeting DSS's this evening for a meal out :j they plumped for Indian food which isn't my favourite but was their choice, will need to choose carefully so as to stick to my healthy eating plan, just over half a stone off so far and feeling much better for it :)
    Have a good day folks x
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Thank you for starting us off nmlc

Karcher I hope that you start to feel a bit better soon, it’s awful when you feel like that, and I fully understand what you mean by that ‘empty’ feeling.

Judi I hope that things went ok at the hospital yesterday with prodigal.

Yesterday was a dull and overcast day here with intermittent rain, although it wasn’t cold so after I had been up the town first thing I was quite content to spend the rest of the day watching the F1 qualifying and reading.

I’m not really sure what I’m going to do today although I will probably watch the F1 and read a bit more. I may even do a bit of batch cooking for the freezer so that I have a choice of homemade ready meals.

I hope that you all have a good day whatever you are doing.
  • elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning nmlc and thanks for the thread.

I've had a rubbish sleep thanks to some neighbours having yet another party! Not amused.
    Anyway today I need to nip into work for a couple of jobs then up to my parents for the day as we usually do on a Sunday (but haven't for a few weeks for one reason or another). No idea what meals will be as they will feed us.
    Might also grab some shopping with my free £30 voucher.

Hope everyone had a good day.
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc, hugs to those in need.

I spent yesterday looking after DD2's 4 children from 8:00 until 5:30, she was at work, SIL was on a bike ride on the IOW. When she returned home the best I could offer was that they were all alive and had been fed regularly, she thought it was funny. They were actually very good, but it rained a lot so apart from a fairly brief foray to the park they were stuck indoors. Her mad hoarder neighbour is back, and her family have been attempting to clear the house again, this has disturbed the rats that live there so the rats have decamped to DD2's house, so DD has had the rat man out again at the cost of £150-£200, money she can ill afford.

My plans for today include making the bedroom curtains (they are already cut out), bottoming out the boat as it is dusty and moving the boat so CHS can paint the coach lines on the starboard side. The other side is already done, there are pics of FB and I'll add them to my blog later.

We've been on shore power overnight so all the phones, kindles and laptops are charged and the immersion is on so I will have a shower in a sec and run the WM, then we will go back to solar for a while as I can run my sewing machine on solar power.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning everyone and thank you for the kick start this morning nmlc. Had a lovely facetime with my DGS Danny and his wife in NYC last night .DGS Ben and his girlfriend Candice are there for the weekend They travelled down from Montreal overnight on the Greyhound bus.Ben is having a great holiday in Canada and has been to Ottawa with his g/f on a outreach visit her firm paid for for them :)She is spending three months in Canada on an internship with the museum there as part of her Uni course. lovely to speak to them all, the wonders of the internet eh :):):)

This morning DD and I are off into London to the cemetery where my Mum and brother Davey are buried Its a year since he was interred there and where has that year gone to.DD is really good as she comes with me as she can kneel and weed the plot easier than I can I just fetch the water and arrange the flowers. His children are scattered around the country and one lives in Cork so we make the journey around four times a year and he is not forgotten. Then we will stop on the way back and probably have a bit of lunch or maybe nip to see my sis-in-law his ex-wife as she doesn't live that far from there.

this afternoon is men's finals day and I'll probably watch it on TV or if the weather is as good as forecast we may just sit in her garden and relax.

Hope you all have a good day what ever you are doing

Take care all
    JackieO xx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. A damp start here but there is hope on the horizon as the forecast is for sun - tomorrow as well!! The white wash pile is increasing so will do that in a bit and, hopefully, peg outside.

Mr TA is on a final warning! There is an AgeUK charity bag collection on Tuesday and I have told him if he doesn't get shut of some of his ancient clothes I will do it myself. This is no lie but last week he put a shirt on that he bought in Hong Kong 25 years ago!! He has new shirts and sweaters that have been bought for him and they hang there unworn whilst he persists in dragging out all this ancient stuff! He says he likes to get his moneysworth out of his clothes!

Not christened lunch yet but some chicken is defrosting to be transformed into something. Maybe Italian chicken as not had that for a while. Did a curry, by special request, for last night's supper and there is a bit of that left in the fridge to be eaten up or I could maybe find a space in the freezer for it.

Have a good Sunday folks and (HUGS) to all in need or want of them. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,034 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Weak sun here and still wet but I have hopes! At least Jura has reappeared as the low cloud has gone.

TA - you made me laugh, I know many people who are the same about clothes. My DM is on top of that list.

Today I hope to get a wash on. It's not vital but would be good. Then I'll sit down and do the second marking on my colleagues students. I'll not be watching any tennis though I'll be keeping an eye out for it finishing for the big announcement. (Not that it matters)

As for food, there's yoghurt and berries and later some Moroccan chicken to eat up.

I wish you all a sunny, peaceful and happy Sunday.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Family are all elsewhere today so no cooking needed for lunch today. Might just get some laundry done and hung outside and the bedding changed this morning and then have a brunch with sausage, egg and tomato before getting the bus to York and seeing older dd for a coffee and mooch round the shops.

An online grocery shop is ordered for Tuesday afternoon as dds are over at the weekend for a family get together in York on Saturday and hoping my knees are less stiff by then.

A couple of hospital visits this week and next should fill up the time and get me out and about more.

Hester

I use the same phrase when I look after DD's and sil's cat for a few days.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]elf Scampi is fight or flight too, on the lead he looks like a cross between the tasmanian devil and a velociraptor! There's never any contact, in fact the collar broke one time and he shot forwards, realised he was free and immediately ran in the opposite direction, lol. Off-lead, if he sees something he doesn't like he just moves away til he feels safe, usually about 30ft.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]snoozer Ooooh a new puppy, pics ASAP please :D I've said I'll never get a pup (unless the staff at the rescue centre had matched one to us – they ask all about you then tell you what'll suit, rather than allowing you to wander around and pick one out) but I really wish I'd had Scampi as a puppy, he'd be calm and stress-free all the time – apart from when he sees a cat :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Sorry, everything is dog related today :D There's a new doggy day care opening a few miles away, the owners went into mr tru's shop to buy flooring and they got chatting. He said Scampi would never last a whole day, he'd get stressed with all those other dogs. They asked why and were given a long list, the man was finishing sentences for him and said he'd seen it all before. He said a few people meet up on sunday lunchtimes for a dog walk and he invited us along. He has four German Shepherds and Scampi is terrified of them and Huskies (no idea why). So we're going but will start off in the distance. Man said he'll help us, I assume he'll join us and leave his dogs ahead a bit with the other people? No idea really, I'm just going to do as I'm told, lol. I have a feeling we'll be staying well away from everyone else and will leave early :D If you're on Minchinhamton Common and see a big Jack Russell throwing a tantrum while a stressed woman is throwing herself under the nearest moving free-range cow, that'll be us :rotfl:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] :beer: [/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Rainy start here today hope the forecast is right which says change later as I had hoped for an hour in the garden later ....looking unlikely at the moment.

Slow cleaning today...feeling a bit out of sorts again so wont be pushing anything too much. Don't know whats wrong with me at the moment but I do know being chronically unfit atm doesn't help so its time to sort myself out. Starting monday of course ...all goals have to start on a monday :)

Mens final later which ill go and watch with mum she loves tennis so may be in a reasonable mood :D

Fish pie from the freezer for dinner

Have a great sunday everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family