identity for 16 year old

Options

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 July 2017 at 10:23AM
    Options
    All my lads have photo ID for the local bus service, which we sorted through the library. The photos are looking a bit dated but they do. Validate & the like as named above are good solid & cheaper than a passport - ideal for this if there's any delay in getting a driving licence. (Cost £15 last month, a bit fiddly but all good practice for a passport.)

I do have to say that I'd only expect it to be asked for if alcohol was being purchased, so there *may* be a bit of the story you didn't get told, OP? Or that the venue is scrupulous & enforces that, which is no bad thing.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    My children have an IGO travel pass ,which has photo and d.o.b.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,055 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Citizen Card.

Mind you, my lads were taking their passports out with them. And when one of them lost his, he paid to replace it! Not until he needed it, but still, not my problem!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • AylesburyDuck
    Options
    We've always used a provisional license for all our kids ID, as stated above they are valid from when they are 16 because you can ride a scooter from that age. Indeed 2 of ours did just that.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
  • phatbear
    phatbear Posts: 4,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I can well believe it.

In Tesco yesterday my daughter was asked for ID for an alcohol free
    bottle of Kopperberg!!
    Kayalana99 wrote: »
    That's correct and she would have had to have been 18 to buy it. It's classed the same as alcohol because of how it's made.

Actually......you may find its because even though its described as alcohol free its actually not its slightly less than 0.05%abv. The same as fat free yoghurts that have 0.01% fat in them
    Live each day like its your last because one day you'll be right
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I can well believe it.

In Tesco yesterday my daughter was asked for ID for an alcohol free
    bottle of Kopperberg!!
    Mine was told she had to be 16 before she could have a free foundation sample (but she was trying to stretch her pocket money and was at the Dior counter):D
  • raiiiraiii
    raiiiraiii Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I'm 17 and I tend to show my student card, which my high school gave me, to places which require proof of identity. Maybe your son might have a school student card or something to prove that he's in the older years of high school?
  • beautiful_ravens
    Options
    Provisional driving licence. My daughter wanted ID to get into 15 rated films, so we went the provisinal route. And, its all done and ready now for taking driving lessons.
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Always thought you had to be 17 for a provisional, clearly not! I had a citizencard that was accepted most places, bf still uses his as id as he has no passport or privisional (I also had an nus associate card but i sneakily changed my date of birth so it said i was 18....probably wouldn't advise doing that :rotfl: )
  • AylesburyDuck
    Options
    Always thought you had to be 17 for a provisional, clearly not! I had a citizencard that was accepted most places, bf still uses his as id as he has no passport or privisional (I also had an nus associate card but i sneakily changed my date of birth so it said i was 18....probably wouldn't advise doing that :rotfl: )
    At age 16 you are allowed a provisional to drive a scooter, when you get your provisional it also includes the car part which however isnt valid till your 17th Birthday.
    Fully paid up member of the ignore button club.
    If it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Duck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure