Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Food shop day today and hubby took Pickle out while I did it, so I got to the food shopping on my own... it was as near to bliss as food shopping can get.
    I came in well under the my supermarket estimate thanks to Ald! Being cheaper than mr A. I did have to do an emergency trip out just before tea as hubby decided he wanted to make brownies and we were lacking in caster sugar. Still a weekly shop for under £40 is not to be sneezed at. I have, of coursed Tilly tidied the grocery pot to the mop pot.

I've also begun a sour dough starter today, lets see how long I can keep it alive....

Other than that, very little achieved today, need to be more productive tomorrow, including a massive amount of cleaner proofing the house before she comes on Thursday.

We've not decided what to do tomorrow, but as we're in the outer edges of storm Eleanor, I don't want to head far, and the wildlife park is definitely out. We do need a trip to the blue & yellow pleasure palace this week, so that could be an option for tomorrow.

Enough waffling from me, updates below.

MSE January Goals
    1) £210 Mop pot
    Target 1 - overpay interest amount: £11.45/£72.25
    Target 2 - next brick on the count down house: 0/£52.11
    Target 3 - £210 total overpayment: 0/£85.64

2) EF to £2000
    £35/£150 for January.

3) £2 coin challenge - will report at the end of the year.

4) NSD challenge
    1/15

5) jean challenge, will document monthly not daily.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year Wish :)

Your goals are looking good and coherent unlike mine that are still swarming around in my head!

I love sour dough. How do you make your starter?

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Happy New Year Wish :)

Your goals are looking good and coherent unlike mine that are still swarming around in my head!

I love sour dough. How do you make your starter?

PP xx

Happy new year PP.

I had a couple of long car journeys over Christmas where I really thought about 2018. Hubby was a little intrigued why I was numbering the rest of the pages in, what he saw as a notebook, no love, it's my life, my bullet journal, my brain on paper. Having cohearent plans is one thing. Sticking to them is quite another.

The sourdough starter is from the 'Bread Ahead' bakery book (bakery in Borough market)
    Day 1 50g rye flour, 50g water, mix and cover with a tea towel.
    Days 2,3,4,5 1tbsp of rye flour, 1 tbsp of water, mix and cover with a towel.

Yesterday (day1) it was like a really
    Bad wall paper paste,this evening it already look more like day old wheetabix.
    We'll see what happens. It does mean I could be looking for 'starter sitters' when we go away. If he survives his first week, I shall name him - suggestions please.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Evening all,
    Today has not been an nsd.
    We went to the blue & yellow pleasure palace. 2 lots of toy storage for Pickle (to house the toy boxes I bought a couple of months ago) and a bookcase for the upstairs landing to house Pickle's growing library. Obviously we added a few random bits to the trolley (hubby came too, no way could I have lifted the boxes on my own) and a couple of friends asked us to pick a few bits up, some of which we have already been reimbursed for.
    The toy storage is up and in use. Bookcase just needs the back pinning on, but that needs to wait as Pickle is asleep. Can't wait to fill it.

So, nothing to Tilly Tidy as round pounds only spent today. Not an nsd, no cash outs or sales so no updates. Boo hooo.

Must try harder tomorrow.

MSE January Goals
    1) £210 Mop pot

2) EF to £2000
    £35/£150 for January.

4) NSD challenge
    1/15

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Today has been a nsd (for me, according to my rules) and has been productive.

I've blitzed more of the house, hubby has finished the bookcase from yesterday's shopping trip. We've ordered Pickle's new wardrobe (Crimbo present from both sets of Grandparents and great auntie/uncle)

I've made a chilli with cornbread topping, first time I've made it and it's gone down well with the other members of the family. It's not the cheapest thing to make as hubby bought the cornmeal in h&b (the health food one!!!) Pickle declared 'nice cake mmmm' when he ate it.

I've photographed the contents of some of Pickle's toy boxes ready to make the labels and will finish the rest tomorrow. I just hope I've got some laminating pouches left from my teacher days.

This evening is knitting, knitting and more knitting, baby due date (for friend) is inching ever closer.

Nothing much to update below, just on track for nsds for this month at the moment.

MSE January Goals
    1) £210 Mop pot

2) EF to £2000
    £35/£150 for January.

4) NSD challenge
    2/15

• pinkypig
    Options
    Nsd and a good sort out - mfw heaven:D
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Nsd and a good sort out - mfw heaven:D

And long may it continue.
    I neeeed to declutter my house. It's bursting at the seams. I've set a target of doing a car boot sale in April, so I want it all sorted for then.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    wishingthemortgaheaway Posts: 2,536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 January 2018 at 9:41PM
    Options
    Another successful mfw day today. A Nsd (by my rules) I did sort out Pickle's next block of swimming lessons, but that counts in the direct debit section of my budget, so isn't a 'day to day spend'.

I've joined the flylady thread on the os board. I've done some flyladying before, but found it a bit overwhelming. I love the simplicity and manageability of the os flylady thread and I've been welcomed into the fold over there. I'm going to bullet journal the flylady tasks I'm going to do and report on how many of those tasks I achieve. (Going to add it to my goals below rather than always post on the thread)

We had a terrible night with Pickle last night, but actually managed to achieve a few house jobs today. We have finally taken down the Christmas Decs, I would have done them last week, but hubby insisted they stayed up this week. At least they are away now.

Hubby is away Tuesday night and Wednesday night next week, so I'm planning on using Tuesday night to have another blitz in the cellar and Wednesday night to start pricing up some car boot stuff. I might post it for sale on the boot sale app or fb in the meantime, see if I can sell it earlier than April.

Pickle's wardrobe has been emptied, hubby is going to dismantle it while we're at a birthday party tomorrow, the new one is arriving on Tuesday. (And doesn't need constructing, just the door handles turning round apparently.)

I made a small paella for tea tonight, enough for the 3 or us and 1 extra Pickle
    Size portion for Pickle tomorrow night (when we have something he can't have) it tasted lovely, Pickle asked for more and I made a small Paella, I usually end up massively over catering so really pleased with this.

Massively waffling tonight, but all is now quiet in Pickle's room, so I should be safe to do some more BUllet journal tasks now.

Happy saving one and all

Wish.
    MSE January Goals
    1) £210 Mop pot

2) EF to £2000
    £35/£150 for January.

4) NSD challenge
    3/15

6) Bullet journal tasks completed.
    14/14 - ✅ first day motivation I'm sure.
  • pinkypig
    Options
    That's a very productive day for someone whose had a rubbish night - well done you:T

Have a lovely weekend xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    That's a very productive day for someone whose had a rubbish night - well done you:T

Have a lovely weekend xx

Thanks Pp. you too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure