Lets have a Debt Free Pod!

Options

Comments

• Peabody_2
    Peabody_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    Day after pay day,

Card 2 payment has been done, just need to update my signature. I can also make the payment for card 1 as the statement has come through.

Everything else doesn't come out until next week. So mass updating will happen then.

Feeling really tired today, one of those when I just want to go home and sleep. Feeling tired all the time at the moment, which means I don't have the energy to do much when I get home. Fortunately work is really quiet at the moment so that's taking less of a toll than normal. Need to work out what's causing it really.

But trying to look on the positive side, there is fuel in my car, my debt has gone down and there is food in the house again. I know it could be a lot worse.
    Total at 9th Feb 12 - £17,500 :eek: Now - £6,851.05
    Loan - £6022.05, [STRIKE]Card 1 - £3293.85,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Card 2 - £2287.04[/STRIKE], Sofa - £825.00
    Wedding Pot - £0.00 :o
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,611 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    £4000 off your debt since February is great. You will have that debt below £10k by December if you carry on like that and cleared by December 2018. Is that debt just yours or does it includes your OHs?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    £4000 off your debt since February is great. You will have that debt below £10k by December if you carry on like that and cleared by December 2018. Is that debt just yours or does it includes your OHs?

Thanks sadly its since Feb 2012 :eek::o:( but there have been reasons for that.

This is just mine, Mr Pea has about £3500 on a credit card, but he has the mortgage :rotfl: Oh and he owes his future step mother as well but that's 0% interest.

I think I'm just having a downer day, but I'll be fine :) the reason its taken so long is completely my own fault, I consolidated and then got a credit card..... consolidation didn't really work for me so I'm just going to work my way through what I have closing it all off as I go. I am better with money than I used to be. thankfully!!
    Loan - £6022.05, [STRIKE]Card 1 - £3293.85,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Card 2 - £2287.04[/STRIKE], Sofa - £825.00
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Peabody wrote: »
    Thanks sadly its since Feb 2012 :eek::o:( but there have been reasons for that.

This is just mine, Mr Pea has about £3500 on a credit card, but he has the mortgage :rotfl: Oh and he owes his future step mother as well but that's 0% interest.

I think I'm just having a downer day, but I'll be fine :) the reason its taken so long is completely my own fault, I consolidated and then got a credit card..... consolidation didn't really work for me so I'm just going to work my way through what I have closing it all off as I go. I am better with money than I used to be. thankfully!!

Even if that's 2012 it doesn't matter, your clearing your debt rather than adding to it or ignoring it...and that's £4000 you will never pay interest on again. Be proud of your victories.:T
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    Even if that's 2012 it doesn't matter, your clearing your debt rather than adding to it or ignoring it...and that's £4000 you will never pay interest on again. Be proud of your victories.:T

Well small victory..... We have a cashback scheme at work were we can claim back the money for medical things, so I can claim back up to £150 of Chiropractic treatment. My invoice for £40 has just gone through so that can go off the credit card when it hits my bank account! :T

I think the thing I am most proud of is getting my interest rates down. I'm lucky they some are 0% and all are under 9%, so at least I feel that more of my actual money is going off the debt rather than in interest.
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Peabody wrote: »

Well small victory..... We have a cashback scheme at work were we can claim back the money for medical things, so I can claim back up to £150 of Chiropractic treatment. My invoice for £40 has just gone through so that can go off the credit card when it hits my bank account! :T

I think the thing I am most proud of is getting my interest rates down. I'm lucky they some are 0% and all are under 9%, so at least I feel that more of my actual money is going off the debt rather than in interest.

They really are great interest rates, wish mine were that low. think my lowest none 0% one is 11%.

Thats great you can claim back for the chiropractor, I paid to go twice a week for 6 months and couldn't claim it back and it was expensive. if I'm honest I could really do with going back but I just can't justify it right now, knowing me I'll wait until it's unbearable then I'll give up and go.
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Morning!

Feeling a bit better today, still a bit tired but not as bad.

My have had a bit of a shopping trip :o one of my favourite shops had a sale on, spent £40 but saved £30 so not feeling that bad and I do have a lot of old clothes which really need throwing away so it will be an excuse for a clear out. And I got a dress for £13 I can wear to Mr Pea's Dad's wedding in September so not all bad!!

Other than that it should be a quiet day today, few things to go work wise.

Signature was updated yesterday with the payments made so the debt amount went down :T

Jobs for today:

- go through wardrobe throw out old clothing (i.e. things with holes etc)
    - Make up lunches for tomorrow
    - Prep slow cooker for dinner tomorrow

nothing that exciting debt wise, but in the wardrobe sort I might see if there is anything to ebay

:)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

You're doing great with the payments, yay to debt reduction!

Keep plodding and you'll get there :) xx
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Nothing much to report today, except its Friday :j:T

Looking forward to this weekend, spending the day with my Mum tomorrow, then Sunday Mr Pea and I are having a sort out of his office. It's basically where everything in the house goes to die :eek::eek::o

We're sure there is a ton of stuff that can be tipped or possibly put on Ebay so hopefully it'll be productive!

Have started crocheting a Christmas present, its an infinity scarf but I'm looking forward to making a unicorn for a friends daughter :D
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Hey all,

Not posted in ages, not much to report in the world of Pea until now!!

One of my colleagues bullied me (in a nice way!) into trying to claim against mis-sold PPI. Well yesterday I had a letter saying that one of the 3 claims found in my favour :T to the tune of just over 3k:eek::D

Well the money had hit my account this morning and at lunchtime I paid off my smallest credit card :j:D:T

I have some money left over which is going to pay about £500 off the other card and then I'm going to put £200 in savings as an emergency fund.

Keeping everything crossed for the other 2 now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport