Lets have a Debt Free Pod!

Options
Morning all,

Starting a new diary as I can't find my old one....

Back again, life go busy and I lost track of my other thread so nice a new one today. I'm a long time user of this site, but I am going to beat this debt this time!

I have an action plan and honestly shouldn't be I the state I'm in, so very annoyed with myself at the moment. The OH has had to transfer money to me yesterday so I can get through to payday on the 25th :o:(

I've spent the morning going through the last few months of my bank statements, working out exactly what my monthly bills come to, working out a realistic food budget for 2 adults and then worked out where on earth the left over £400 is going..... on stuff is all I can say, some of it I've really had to stop and think what it was. This month hasn't been helped by the fact we had holiday and stayed at home, so day trips and lots of eating out.

Anyway, I earn good money thankfully and should have money left at the end of the month. So the plan is this:

- Bills go out as normal
- Reduced random spends to £200 (still a lot I know)
- Then pay the remaining £200 off the debt.

So what is the debt:

Loan - £6,992.20 at 4.9% interest with 2 years left to run
Card 1 - £3,259.43 at 9% interest
Card 2 - £2138.13 at 0% interest until June 2018
Soda - £990 at 0% interest ending Jan 19

I cover all my bills so the route will be to over pay on everything and get it down as quickly as possible.

I had cashback activate on my bank account and have a quidco account so will be trying to use them where I can, but only on things that I will already be buying.

Sorry if it gets a bit boring, there should be wedding planning at some point, but I want to get this down a bit first!
Total at 9th Feb 12 - £17,500 :eek: Now - £6,851.05
Loan - £6022.05, [STRIKE]Card 1 - £3293.85,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Card 2 - £2287.04[/STRIKE], Sofa - £825.00
Wedding Pot - £0.00 :o

Comments

• Peabody_2
    Peabody_2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    Options
    Yay it's Friday!!!

And only a week and a half until payday :T spending the day with my Mum tomorrow, she's going to treat me to lunch while Mr Pea watches the tennis.

Aiming for a NSD today, made lunch last night so didn't have to worry about that one this morning which made for a much calmer start to the day. Hoping for a quiet day in the office today as I really can' be bothered to adult if that makes sense :rotfl:

Still feeling positive about battling this debt and getting myself into a much better situation. Going to raid Mum's attic for some of my old stuff to see if I can earn anything ebaying it, probably not but you never know.

I crochet so I'm going to try and spend some time over the weekend planning what I can make people for Christmas, I have loads of wool in my stash so hopefully this approach will make for a cheaper December!!
    Loan - £6022.05, [STRIKE]Card 1 - £3293.85,[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Card 2 - £2287.04[/STRIKE], Sofa - £825.00
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by and wish you luck :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Hmm looks like I might be able to get £100 for an old mobile I have at home.

Might need to look into that a bit more!
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Managed a No Spend Weekend :D Go me :T Well I went to see my Mum so that only cost petrol. She paid for lunch and the we went to try on wedding dresses.

Mr Pea and I don't have a date yet, but we wanted to get an idea of the styles that suit me.... fitted it not it :eek::eek: but bizarrely a ball gown didn't make me look like a toilet roll holder. I'm a bit of a big girl and was really worried about this. Best bit both dresses I liked were less than £600 :money: obviously didn't get one, but will certainly go back and look when I have a date.

Having a few issues with Mr Pea's Dad with has caused me a few sleepless nights, so very tired today. But slapped some peanut butter in bread for sandwiches so shouldn't need to spend anything today.

Off to London tomorrow to see a client, train ticket has been ordered and is paid for, will just need to get myself lunch. But as I'm going into Paddington I'll aim for one of the £3 lunch deals you can get. I can walk to the station from home, so hopefully it'll be a cheapish day.

If I'm honest the stuff with Mr Pea's Dad really means I would much rather be at home hiding in bed, but that isn't going to help. Just need to get a grip and deal with the situation.... just not sure I'm ready to deal with the fallout. Ah well, Families who'd have em!!
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Oops, so today's NSD didn't go very well.

I've just bought a slice of cake.... I don't even need cake! :( Just feel carpy and wanted the comfort element.

Oh well, never mind.
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Ok so small spend yesterday, but I'm on in London to see a client today.

Train ticket has been purchased already, so I don't need to buy that ;) I'm taking a drink and some fruit with me, so it'll just be a meal deal for lunch and then back home before the office closes. Well that's the plan anyway!!

Feeling a bit better about the world today, which is good as I hate the tube at the best of times so when I'm in a bad mood it's even worse!! :rotfl:

Aim's for today are:

- no more than a £3 spend for lunch
    - have a good meeting with the client and see my colleagues onsite
    - Not kill Mr Pea's Dad when he comes over later :o
    - Supervise the clearing of the garden where the shed is moving to.

I think that'll be enough for today

Have fun all x
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sounds good Pea. :)

Sorry to hear about things with MrPea's dad. Family can be funny old things can't they?
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Well back from London.

Meetings went well... well I say meetings I work in events and it was more chats with my clients, but still they seem happy which is always good!

Spending did not go as planned :( my lovely comfy 'let's going to London' shoes, decided to become old, uncomfortable to the point I had to grab a cheap pair of flip flops on the way home!! So far the injury count is:

3 toe blisters
    1 big toe joint blister
    4 very large blisters on the back of 1 heel :eek::eek:

I think I will be spending some time soaking my feet this evening :rotfl:

But to recoup from that I used my Boots card for lunch so sort of a no spend there.

Right now to catch up no a few emails, while not baking in my in non air-conditioned living room!!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Peabody,

Thank you for the mini milk :)

I know what you mean about the tube...it is my biggest bug bear.

Ouch to the injuries, hope that your nice foot soak works.

Don't you love families too :) xx
  • Peabody_2
    Options
    Afternoon All,

A quiet day here, we're slowly heading towards the summer season which is dead.

A spending day here today :(

£20 so far on fuel, but this will get me through to payday and the first trail of my monthly budget :)

I need to stop in the shop on the way home and bit up a few bits, but this will not be more that £5 and I have a £5 note in my purse so I'll use that!

Blisters are still huge!! currently wearing flip flops in the rain as I'm to scared to put shoes/trainers on :eek::rotfl: luckily I can wear jeans to work.

I'm trying to head off the first bout of this is hard.... I've not spent anything much in weeks which is great, but today it feels hard for some reason. it's not even like I need anything, but hey ho. It'll be fine and it's the price I'm paying for being silly with money.

onwards and upwards and all that
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport