PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 13 July 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It's a bright and sunny morning here. Phoebe has gone off to school but Becky has yet to emerge from her bedroom. I will go and check on her in a minute though I expect she had little sleep last night. Lilly has her friend sleeping over and they were up late last night so I don't expect to see them for a while and finally. Steve has booked a few days off work so he is making me a cuppa :D.

I am getting some shopping delivered in a little while and a lot of it is convenience food as in open the box and shove it in the oven food. I tried really hard this week to make more interesting meals and was met with moaning and groaning so they can have their ready made pies and battered chicken rubbish. I am going to carry on making myself nice interesting food though :).

The house still looks fairly clean and tidy so not much more than a lick and a promise needed. The upstairs toilet has broken though so I am waiting for the HA to contact me about a repair. Fortunately we have one downstairs we can use so it's not as bad as it could be.

Well that's all from me for now, welcome to Ms Ldn, hope you stay around.
    Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,591 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Karcher, don't stop posting, although I sympathise because I often feel my days are too dull to talk about.

Having said that we had a night out in London yesterday. Our friends were down (for Wimbledon actually) so we went for a meal and then a show. Unfortunately they went to the wrong restaurant at first and then got lost between Shaftesbury Avenue and Covent Garden (a 5 minute walk) and took half an hour. We'd booked a pre-theatre meal deal early and should have had plenty of time but had a long wait between the first and second courses so haad to scramble to get to the show. They took a round of drinks of the bill though which was good of them when our friends had been late as well.

The show was Beautiful - the Carole King story. It's going on tour soon so I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who likes 60's music. It's not just a juke box musical, the back story is interesting too.

I'm packing to go to Yorkshire today but DS and DW want us to view a house with them this evening so we'll go on our way up. I also want to finish the pair of trousers I'm making so I'd better get on.
  • MsLdn
    MsLdn Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the welcomes! Well my morning didn't exactly go to plan, first I discovered one of my windowsill plants (lovingly grown from a cutting) had catapulted itself onto downstair's neighbours patio, smashing its pot. When I'd dealt with that I got a puncture on the way to the veg market and had to wheel my bike home. Made a date and walnut loaf while my partner fixed my puncture to cheer us up a bit!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome MsLdn Good to have you here. Looking forward to you sharing your days with us.

Morning all,

Karcher we all have to have a moan at times. I dont share my moans with anyone else so i use this thread as therapy at times. We all need a good moan.

All is well with Mother and baby. Baby Alice is settling into a 3 hourly routine and sleeping well in between. We have had many a conversation about belly button stumps, poo and wind. :rotfl: Brings back memories for me, happy ones and its amazing how it all comes flooding back.

Weather is strange, its hot bright and sunny but i got hailed on whilst i was retrieving my bin awhile ago.

Prodigal popped in last night for a feed. A few issues to discuss but nothing we cant handle.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Hello to MsLdn and elfo6 :hello: lovely to "meet you both"
    Karcher please keep on posting I'm sure no one minds if you want to moan. I certainly don't and sometimes off-loading to "strangers" can be helpful.
    Thanks too to NMLC for starting us off this morning.
    Yesterdays concert was lovely and brought a lump to the throat. DGS had 3 parts, narrator, a Spanish matador and a Yeti :rotfl:. Talk about all singing and dancing ! Tea was also a success but I cooked too much as usual, so Dad and DD went home with goodie bags. We also had some leftover SF chicken in wraps for lunch today.
    Today is a cleaning day, the lounge and kitchen were done this morning and this afternoon it's the turn of the dinning room, up the stairs and the bathroom ( bedrooms tomorrow ). Later I will get DH to sort out his holiday stuff after he has finished cleaning the car. Got to keep him busy too :D.
    Right must get on, enjoy the rest of Thursday everyone.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Welcome MsLdn hope you enjoy our band of friends :)
    I just had a lovely long natter with my eldest DGS Danny in New York,He phoned me on his walk to work ( he lives in Manhattan) and it was 29c at 08.30 this morning with a high of 35c forecast :)

I do miss our political natters,he used to pop in on his way home when he worked in London and have a coffee and a long chin wag about the state of the nation :):):). Lovely to hear his voice at lunchtime though :)

Just walked DD's dogs, and waiting for three youngest DGS to get in from school, feet up and tennis on TV ,phew its a hard life for Grannies :):):)

Enjoy your Thursday chums

JackieO xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family