wh has Facebook disabled my account! Help?

Options
2»

Comments

• Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't know this. I have had a fake page for years just to occasionally check on friends' news. I never post anything. What I find strange is that I have 300 friends even though I don't exist.
    Je suis sabot...
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    What I find strange is that I have 300 friends even though I don't exist.

And they've all lost their clothes or want to sell you JuicePlus :rotfl:
  • geriann
    geriann Posts: 158 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Protect your identity yet you gave your facebook user name, your real name and the nickname you use on the internet as well as giving out a fair amount of other information such as you having modelled and the name you did this under and the fact that you have had an abusive and troubled marriage.

If you are happy to give that much information out on here, maybe not using Facebook isn't a bad idea.
    my real name in the info section of my page & as my nickname is set to private, so only my FB friends can see it.
    i've had no contact with my ex-husband for quite some years, so i felt safe enough to say this on MSE. although some of the things i mentioned aren't a secret anyway.
    my experience of MSE has been a positive one, with understanding & friendly people on it...until now. :/
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Sharing of too many competitions on Facebook also results in a ban
    i do post the odd competition, but not many.
    i'm surprised Facebook doesn't want people to share competitions because all the companies on FB do competitions.
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Options
    geriann wrote: »
    as my nickname is set to private, so only my FB friends can see it.
    Facebook will see your nickname.

but nothing surprises me with Facebook as they have this policy for selling groups

https://www.facebook.com/policies/commerce

but report anyone who breaches this and all you get is this canned reply
    Thank you for letting us know about this. We've looked over the post, and although it doesn't go against any of our specific Community Standards, you did the right thing by letting us know about it. We understand that it may still be offensive or distasteful to you, so we want to help you see less of things such as this in the future.
    From the list above, you can block *********** directly, or you may be able to unfriend or unfollow them.

so they dont even understand and/or enforce their own policies
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    geriann wrote: »
    my experience of MSE has been a positive one, with understanding & friendly people on it...until now. :/

I may be missing them but I can't see any post from anyone that I would class as being unfriendly on this thread.

I've also got a Facebook account which is set up with a fake name (and it's so blatantly fake that anyone with any sense would see it for what it is), yet it's still active after about 6 years.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    I guess Gertrude Mayflower Bash is banned as well!
  • debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I am surprised that facebook doesn't have it's own forum for this. OK I lied, why does anyone need faceache,twitface etc, doesn't everyone have email/phone/postboxes?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Been banned many times. I NEVER use my real name. Always made up names.

One even had numbers and stuff in it. Email said they thought my name was fake and to contact with the proof passport/driving licence/bills etc.

Too much effort why not just create a new one with even more numbers in it? Oddly thats been live for a long time.

I dont really use it though. Its just sometimes you need to login to view something posted on a forum.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure