Royal Mail - lose your credit card receipt - lose your property and your rights?

Options
1235»

Comments

• OlliesDad
    OlliesDad Posts: 1,825 Forumite
    Options
    To conclude...
    This was not a debate over WHY I lost a receipt... (most of you however were simply determined to critique my receipt management policy) - the loss of my receipt revealed what appears to be an inadequate record-keeping system in place at the Post Office/Royal Mail/both.
    This is a valid area of concern.
    The manager of my local P.O. actually shares my concern in this respect.

I really do hope (and pray) that one of the self-opinionated here actually experiences the same issue - ideally with a high-value item... No human is immune to accidentally losing things. Perhaps you folks need to pass on your worldly advice to our insurance companies - I am sure they would like to know your secret to an accident-free lifestyle.

I think we all in agreement that we will all lose things in life (putting aside that you destroyed it rather than lost it), but with losing things comes a responsibility - If I drop £20 in the street and lose it I know I will have lost it for good - I would not be contacting the Bank of England demanding that they provide a replacement.
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    Do receipts really need to be shredded?

They only reveal the last four numbers of the card, don't they?

I ask because (please don't laugh) I have two bin liners of receipts waiting for me to get round to shredding them.

Is it really necessary or Could I bung them in my recycling bin?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure