Coming off contraceptive patch...

Options
I'm know I may not be posting in the right place but does anyone have any experience of coming off the contraceptive patch? My partner and I are ready to start a family and are thinking of actively making a start in a few months - if we start now and get pregnant straight away I may be giving birth down the aisle! I just wondered if anyone has any advice or stories to tell.

Thanks in advance!
Little One born 19/12/18
5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining

Comments

• Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I came off it because during the break week I had the most debilitating headaches.
    Some people say have a period before you start trying so you know your dates but if you are irregular that wouldn't work anyway!
    Don't think there is anything else to say.
    Good luck x
  • clairec79
    clairec79 Posts: 2,512 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't stopped it since I started but it's the same hormones as the contraceptive pill - and each time I stopped that I was pregnant within a month
  • NelliePie
    NelliePie Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    Just for a bit more info, I've been on contraception of one form or another for 10 years and the patch for 3 (for me it's bloody marvelous!) This will be our first attempt at TTC. I honestly couldn't tell you what my 'normal' period is like as I started contraception 6 months after my first period to help with pains and inconsistent (pretty much constant) bleeding. I had a quick look on MumsNet but no-one there seemed very helpful, just scaremongering more than anything.

Thanks for your replies, I should be on the TTC thread by the end of the year! :)
    Little One born 19/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - £144k mortgage, £134k remaining
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    Options
    You won't know till you try! My friend was pregnant 1 month after coming off the pill. Took me 7 months and another friend has been trying for 8 years. Everyone is different. The hormones will clear from your system very fast then after that it depends on you and your partners fertility and timing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure