PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What have you left behind in your old home?

Options
Following on from the other thread about what's the oddest thing you've been left, what have you left behind for your purchasers?

We left a small plastic garden shed with extra house bricks from our conservatory build. I think they may have been useful as the purchaser did brick up an external door when they remodelled the kitchen. We didn't actually say we were going to leave them.

Now's the time to 'fess up about what you left behind for your purchasers.
Make £2024 in 2024
Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

Comments

• dreyfuss
    dreyfuss Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I left a small packet of money in the conservatory above the door...only a pound or so but not in purpose! Only remembered today two weeks after moving out.:(

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,655 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When my father moved some 15 years ago, we left behind the following in the loft : 2 clocks (1 electric, 1 clockwork), which had belonged to his FIL, an Acme wringer (1950s version of a mangle) and a metal non matching stand for the wringer,
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    When we got married someone smart Alec bought us a proper leather whip (don't know why, he was fully housetrained thanks to my brilliant mil) .....couldn't find it when we moved so assume that it got left behind
  • Clutterfree
    Clutterfree Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Only paint and wall and floor tiles that we'd used in the house in case they needed to replace/repaint.

Not fair to leave the new owners things we don't want and can't be bothered to dump.
    :heart: Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets.
  • societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The buyers turned up a bit early, before the funds had cleared, was just giving the place a final vacuum, then couldn't fit the vac into the car, so left it with 'em.

It was next day I realised I'd left my dressing gown hung on the back of the bedroom door. Hope they made good use of it . . . :rotfl:

I do miss it . . .
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We accidentally left a small photo album that must have slipped out of a box that was stored in the loft of our old house.

Fortunately, and very kindly, when they found it the new owners brought it to our new home - we hadn't even realised it was missing, but we were very grateful to get it back :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • charco
    charco Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Only ever left paint and a chest of drawers (it was nice but didn't fit in the van so just left it).

In our current place we found a set of crutches in the attic. Previous owner for many moons ago also left some odds and ends (old locks, plug sockets etc) up there. All went in the bin but I think the crutches are up there somewhere.

Now in the progress of selling up. Being fair to the new owner and clearing out. Only things really being left behind are spare tiles, spare flooring and paint. There's an attic aerial I never got round to fitting that we'll leave up there. I'd love to leave our old high chair in the attic but I reckon the new owners wouldn't be happy!
  • alumende27
    alumende27 Posts: 363 Forumite
    Options
    Bottle of champagne.
  • Mossfarr
    Mossfarr Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    The house opposite me had been owned by an elderly man who had lived in the house all his life - he was 87 when he died and it had been his parents home before that. He had never married and had no other family.
    The new owners found loads of valuable antiques in the loft which they sold and used the proceeds to build a huge extension and decorate top to bottom!
  • jessex1990
    jessex1990 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Paint, tiles and a new shower riser which we had bought but hadn't fitted. And lots of sticky notes attached to things to point out where the meters, water tank were and how they worked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure