IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

I have read the newbie thread but think my case is different... help

Options
Hi
I am VERY new to this so I apologise now for my lack of knowledge etc
I received a PCN on 30/06/17 from Parking & Property Management ltd for not displaying a valid permit.
As I had arrived home from work with numerous bags to carry I did forget to display the permit. When I remembered around 45 minutes later I rushed down to my car to find the PCN, however the location is incorrect. Believing that I had grounds for appeal I completed their appeal form on their website. I did do some research online and this is what I put:
'I wish to formally challenge the above PCN.
The PCN states that the vehicle was parked in ‘****’. The car in question was never parked in the stated location at the mentioned time or date. Therefore the contravention did not occur.'
Today I received their judgement, which of course they have refused my appeal. They stated that due to the photographic evidence they have that the location on the PCN was not relevant.
Being a complete novice to this I have most probably made errors in my process but wondered whether I had grounds to take it to the IAS?
I look forward to hearing from you all

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 July 2017 at 9:56PM
    Options
    everybody thinks "their case is different"

sorry to say , it isnt , its all been heard , seen and done over until blackened and withered many times before

the NEWBIES sticky thread tells you alll you need to know , including the kangaroo court known as the IAS

doesnt matter what your appeal said , they almost ALWAYS refuse appeals because there is no profit in accepting it !!

so doomed to failure from the word go

they tend to put errors into the windscreen ticket to fire up the emotions of those they are sc@mming into hasty , badly worded appeals that dob in the driver or blab

you are now at the impasse stage , where you IGNORE for 6 years unless you get an LBC or MCOL in the post (ignore the DCA letters in the meantime)

if the PPC wishes to try court , they will do so

meanwhile , contact the MA or landholder and demand a cancellation

and if its your parking space, dig out your lease and see what it says (or does not say) about parking

I can assure you this same scenario has featured on here dozens of times, the advice is the same

APPEAL ONCE

then IGNORE

complain to landholder or the MA

come back if an LBC or MCOL arrive

and google JOPSON and read about her case

ps:- if CM below advises different , go with her plan , but bear what I said in mind
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If the location is completely wrong, I would actually try IAS, for once! But with our help.

So how wrong are we talking, not just a small error?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    If you do some reading you will see that your case is not at all different. Read some of this stuff.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=own+space+parking+fine&spf=1499633794173
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • LauraV_2
    LauraV_2 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly thank you for your replies.
    I did apologise initially for my lack of knowledge... I am completely clueless!
    Coupon-mad - yes the location is completely wrong/ different town.
  • LauraV_2
    Options
    And in my hast I did disclose the driver details ��
  • Redx
    Options
    check what your lease says (or fails to mention) , about parking

and in future, do not blab !! ;)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2017 at 10:49PM
    Options
    I have read the newbie thread but think my case is different... help
    Really? Half the threads we deal with open up with a similar sentence. The reality in almost every one is a firm case of 'No it's not!' It's a fair indication that the poster doesn't understand the issues. We've seen it, we've been there, we know what we're doing, so please follow advice.

However, the reality in dealing with an IPC AOS operator is that there is no realistic prospect of having the charge independently assessed by a second stage appeals service, no realistic prospect of getting it cancelled by the IAS. The IAS is simply too heavily biased towards the parking operators. The have promised their operators that they will reject 85% of all cases. How 'independent' is that? You have little or no chance via an appeal.

The only process you now have for an independent review of your case is via a Judge at the small claims court. Unfortunately whether you get there or not is entirely in the hands of the PPC in terms of whether they decide to issue court proceedings against you. They have 6 years to do so.

Come back if you receive a Letter Before Claim, or real court papers.
    Today I received their judgement, which of course they have refused my appeal. They stated that due to the photographic evidence they have that the location on the PCN was not relevant.
    Without giving the precise details in the PCN, or your specific location, can you give us an example of how incorrectly the location is recorded?

Please also follow Redx's advice on rattling the cage of the MA/landowner.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • LauraV_2
    Options
    I appreciate that almost every case is not different however for someone as clueless as me the newbie thread is very daunting and confusing.
    The location on the PCN and the actual location are 15miles apart.
    I would rattle the cage of the landowners, however the original landowners wiped their hands of the site and it's now under many different companies - Residents association, management company etc.
    A new parking system was introduced in January this year and it has all been linked to our lease - as many other residents have queried it already.
  • LauraV_2
    Options
    Redx - I definitely won't be blabbing again :naughty:
  • Redx
    Options
    so what does your 2017 lease say about the parking ?

word for word please , no more beating around the bush , give us something to work with

and the current management company should be able to cancel it , hence why we tell you to badger them , because if you want it gone , they are the best way to achieve it
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure