[URGENT] [LLOYDS] Deposit money via ATM

Options
Hello, everyone!

I tried yesterday in the afternoon to deposit some money via the ATM at the Lloyd's branch close to my place. It was my very first time to deposit money at an ATM here in the UK (since I moved here just 3 months ago) and despite the fact that the message on the screen instructed me to put the money in an envelope and only one slot opened waiting for the envelope... since I had no envelope, I put directly the money.

Please, note that at least in Greece when the ATM asks you to put the money in an envelope, the envelope is provided automatically by the ATM and when it is not asked, then you can put directly the money without envelope.

Now it's been already more than 24 hours and I still can't see the money in my account and I'm worried that I made a terrible mistake and I'm gonna lose my money. Can someone please tell me if the issue can be fixed or not? Is there any chance I'm gonna see the money in my account after midnight or tomorrow?

If not, if I go to the branch tomorrow and tell them the story, is there any chance we can get it fixed or no way? :/

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You need to go in and claim the money .
    They will need you to confirm your details and hope that the money is in a suspense account.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pastrydino wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

I tried yesterday in the afternoon to deposit some money via the ATM at the Lloyd's branch close to my place. It was my very first time to deposit money at an ATM here in the UK (since I moved here just 3 months ago) and despite the fact that the message on the screen instructed me to put the money in an envelope and only one slot opened waiting for the envelope... since I had no envelope, I put directly the money.

Please, note that at least in Greece when the ATM asks you to put the money in an envelope, the envelope is provided automatically by the ATM and when it is not asked, then you can put directly the money without envelope.

Now it's been already more than 24 hours and I still can't see the money in my account and I'm worried that I made a terrible mistake and I'm gonna lose my money. Can someone please tell me if the issue can be fixed or not? Is there any chance I'm gonna see the money in my account after midnight or tomorrow?

If not, if I go to the branch tomorrow and tell them the story, is there any chance we can get it fixed or no way? :/

Thank you in advance!

If you're the only person who didn't follow the guidance, it should be very easy to reconcile.

But you'll probably have to phone them or visit the branch and let them know what you did.
  • pastrydino
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I'm going tomorrow!
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,489 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck OP.

It's strange that the cash machine didn't recognise that it had no envelopes. A Nationwide one did this with me.

In future (to eliminate the possibility that envelopes are available but the next person gets 2 come out) I would cancel the transaction and start again.
  • Geoff1963
    Geoff1963 Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    Open a Tesco bank account. Most major cities have at least one large store that accepts cash deposits ; not from doors-open to doors-close, but well outside normal banking hours.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pastrydino wrote: »
    Hello, everyone!

Thank you in advance!

Quite strange as if there was no envelopes in the ATM, you shouldn't have been given the option to deposit as its greyed out.

Are you sure it was a ATM and not a deposit point? As that would make more sense.

That said if the envelopes were in situ but got stuck then the money will be in the cassette with the rest of the deposit envelopes and if you are the only one with loose cash then, you will find it's been put into a suspense account, or that they have worked out your account details but waiting for you to confirm.

Speak to Lloyds,

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Funnily enough I've paid some cash into my Lloyds Bank account this morning using Deposit via ATM.

Told me it would be unable to print a confirmation of deposit receipt but still did anyway.

Was around three years ago but at the Lloyds Bank in Burton on Trent I deposited some cash and am pretty sure it was minus the envelope; took around seven working days before it appeared in my account.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    I am confused because I bank with Lloyds and as far as I know their ATM's don't accept deposits.
    There are the depositpoint machines in branch which don't use envelopes but you put the money in and get an immediate receipt and the money is credited to the account immediately.
    There are the creditpoint slots in branch with the envelopes which are then opened later in the day by a member of staff and credited to the account either later in the day or the following morning if the staff don't bother to empty the creditpoint early enough in the day.
    But ATM's with envelopes for depositing cash ... not Lloyds I'm afraid.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well it anyone should know its has to be Ben!!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    I am confused because I bank with Lloyds and as far as I know their ATM's don't accept deposits.
    There are the depositpoint machines in branch which don't use envelopes but you put the money in and get an immediate receipt and the money is credited to the account immediately.
    There are the creditpoint slots in branch with the envelopes which are then opened later in the day by a member of staff and credited to the account either later in the day or the following morning if the staff don't bother to empty the creditpoint early enough in the day.
    But ATM's with envelopes for depositing cash ... not Lloyds I'm afraid.

Oh but you are wrong. I went into a branch in the South West only last week and inside the branch was a deposit machine whereby you had to deposit the money into an envelope. So Lloyds use both system I'm afraid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure