Comments

• Abbey1991
    Abbey1991 Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    A bit late is better than a lot late
  • Doctor_Duke
    Doctor_Duke Posts: 303 Forumite
    Options
    Say it was an oversight, plead ignorance, ask whether the late payment fee can be waived, check it won't be marked as a late payment on your credit file and set up a direct debit for the minimum payment and be nice to them!
  • justaquestion
    justaquestion Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    I use my Tesco cc a lot, get some money back on it. Went over the limit of £2500 so they charged me £12.

I did ring them up when I realised I had probably gone over, did charge me but refunded me the next month.

DD is the best way to pay each month, takes the hassle out of it.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I use my Tesco cc a lot, get some money back on it. Went over the limit of £2500 so they charged me £12.

I did ring them up when I realised I had probably gone over, did charge me but refunded me the next month.

DD is the best way to pay each month, takes the hassle out of it.
    OK, so (relative to the rest of the thread) you incurred a different charge on a different card from a different company for a different reason?!

How does a DD help in your (over-limit) scenario?
  • mailmannz
    mailmannz Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Dont listen to the idiots mate.

Give them a call and be polite and they will most likely refund the charges.

In this day and age of modern technology it is a farce that they cannot apply payments to accounts the moment its taken from your bank account! There really is no excuse other than this being one of the few easy ways for them to continue to fleece money from customers.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 July 2017 at 10:40AM
    Options
    mailmannz wrote: »
    Dont listen to the idiots mate.

Give them a call and be polite and they will most likely refund the charges.

In this day and age of modern technology it is a farce that they cannot apply payments to accounts the moment its taken from your bank account! There really is no excuse other than this being one of the few easy ways for them to continue to fleece money from customers.

Well obviously they cannot. In your eyes they will continue to fleece the customer but the customer needs to be one step ahead and make sure of the timescales laid down when making payments. Also leaving it to the last minutes is not the most sensible thing to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure