The July NSD Thread!

Comments

• Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,642
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Can I be added please? I'm hoping to be better organised than June and have 10 NSDs. Thank you
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    Good morning everyone :);)

Today will be NSD No.2 here :D

Wishing you all an extra blessed NSDay! :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • Pismo
    Pismo Posts: 36 Forumite
    I'm new here but can I join in on NSDs!

I'll set myself the target of 10 NSDs with three in a row.

I already have 1 from yesterday and today is looking likely too.

Thank you :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    NSD no 2 today :)

Welcome Pismo :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi Marmite,

First post as an NSD virgin. Can you put me down for 6 days abstention please.

Welcome! :D
    HB2020 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Please can you add me to this challenge.
    I'm going for 10 NSDs.

Thanks

HB2020

Welcome! :money:
    Pismo wrote: »
    I'm new here but can I join in on NSDs!

I'll set myself the target of 10 NSDs with three in a row.

I already have 1 from yesterday and today is looking likely too.

Thank you :)

Welcome! :j

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
    The main thing to remember is that there are no rules ie you decide on what makes an nsd.
    My rules for example are that what is NOT included as a spend is as follows:
    -all budgeted spends ie groceries,cat food and litter.I have a lot of budgets.
    -bills and direct debits as essential spends ie my rent,leccy bill,insurance bill etc
    -all prescriptions as essential
    -the bus as I have a yearly travelcard so paid for once in the year
    -swimming and gym as yearly supscriptions.

This might sound like a lot of allowed spends but it's what works for me,as I am a dreadful impulse buyer.That's my BIG downfall.

Maybe think about having certain 'allowed' spends.Some people don't count petrol,milk,bread money etc.It means that if you have to nip to the shops because you've run out of milk,that you're less likely to exit the shop having bought a magazine,some chocolate,crisps,yogurt...whatever and spent £20 before you've realised it.And all you wanted was a pint of milk...:mad:

That one allowed spend has meant that you stay on the straight and narrow and save money/learn how to avoid impulse buys.Does that make sense?

You can also allow for emergency spends (I do).That could be a light bulb,tampons,loo roll,anything really that is an emergency...

Oh,and the other thing is that you can change your rules if it suits you. That doesn't mean you're cheating.You just can't always know in advance what works for you.

So,here endeth the lesson. :cool:
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    Oh boy,I'm exhausted now after that essay.Any chance of a cup of tea Mrs Doyle?

Hands up.Tea anyone?No,Mrs Doyle doesn't do coffee,but there is a jar of instant hidden behind Igor's emergency underthings hamper in the sluice if anyone is desperate....

Oh,who wants an egg sarnie...?
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    Thank goodness you're here, marmite, I told Igor that if he didn't get that bathroom door lock fixed then we would one day find your skeleton in there.....pity he had to remove the whole door, now everyone will see you in the bath!

Anyway, (very nice shower cap, by the way) I had a magnificent 18 NSDs in June so will aim for at least 15 in July(watch what you're doing with that loofah, and mind as you get out of the bath, you've dropped the soap on the floor, whoosh! There she goes.......open the front door, Igor, marmite's on her way down.....)

Don't worry Nargle.When I bathe I keep my 18 hour girdle on....
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    Pismo wrote: »

and today is looking likely too.

I'll wait for you to update,ok? :)
  • marmiterulesok
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Yes my baby!
    Masters next!!

Wow beanie,that's great!
    All fine, beanie, my baby boy still in a bit of limbo, university wasn't his cup of tea, an apprenticeship ended due to lack of business, so he's doing odd jobs here and there whilst waiting to hear about jobs he has applied for. I am sure he will be settled soon, he has a good strong work ethic.

Isn't Igor looking for an apprentice??!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm sorry uni didn't work out.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Egg sarnie for me :) :drool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure