Cannot send Plusnet emails in Thunderbird

edited 30 June 2017 at 7:25AM in Techie Stuff
2 replies 799 views
Crimson60Crimson60 Forumite
1.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 30 June 2017 at 7:25AM in Techie Stuff
Edit - Update at 8.15 am. When I tried again this morning Plusnet emails were sent from Thunderbird at first attempt with no problem. Although I don't understand what happened I am very pleased the problem seems to have resolved itself. Please see my post below - and thank you for reading:

If anyone can help I'll be grateful. When I try to send emails from my Plusnet email in Thunderbird this notice comes up:

"Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) relay.plus.net was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again."

I'm just giving up tonight although, for hours, I have tried many of the 'Google' suggestions and, so far, nothing works - or in Tools,Account Settings, Server Settings and Options etc. I have not managed to find the correct link to click on.

Plusnet don't have a help line at this time and there is no 'Live chat' for help. If anyone knows how to solve this problem I'll really appreciate it.

I can send emails from logging into Plusnet Webmail and my other email (AOL) works perfectly in Thunderbird - sending and receiving emails.

Many thanks for any help.

Crimson

Replies

• agrinnallagrinnall PPR
    23.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sounds like either a glitch or a planned outage at Plusnet overnight. Do they have a service page on their website that might say anything about it?
  • Crimson60Crimson60 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Sounds like either a glitch or a planned outage at Plusnet overnight. Do they have a service page on their website that might say anything about it?

Thank you agrinnall. I have just checked and the only thing I could see was 'Service Status, Check on the current status of our Network' and under 'Service Messages' the most recent post was on 05/05/2017 about Plusenet Webmail under 'Email/Web Connection issues.'

Thankfully what ever the problem was has been resolved.

Many thanks.

Crimson
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Glitch hits Nectar bonzana

Did you miss out on bonus points?

MSE News

Ask an Expert: Scams

Watch MSE Katie's answers to your questions

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock