Hi there.
I'm new to MSE Forums and pretty sure the answer to my question is lurking somewhere but I can't find it.
I may have had PPI up until about 2004 when I sold my house, but no longer have any paperwork and can't remember who my mortgage was with because I used a broker who I can no longer trace. MSE says to not use a PPI claims company, but I can't see any other way.
Can anyone help???
Thank you soooo much, really!


  • dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    112.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    but I can't see any other way.

    A CMC wont be of any use to you.
    Can anyone help???

    Yes. You give up.

    You used a mortgage broker - Mortgage brokers became regulated for insurance in January 2005. You bought before this.

    So, you don't if you had MPPI. You don't know if you were mis-sold and you bought prior to regulation from a distribution channel that has so few complaints against it that the two biggest brokers in the UK (which handle almost 4 in 6 applications) dont even have the minimum 30 complaints against them at the FOS for them to have to display the actual number.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Did you know there's an MSE app?

It's free & available on iOS & Android


Regifting: good idea or not?

Add your two cents to the discussion

MSE Forum

Energy Price Guarantee calculator

How much you'll likely pay from April

MSE Tools