Kitchen Refurbishment - where to start

Options
I apologise if this seems like something thats blatantly obvious to most people but Im struggling where to start..

My kitchen is in desperate need of refurbushment and Ive finally got to the stage where I feel that I have enough cash put away to do something about it

My question is, how do I go about getting it done - I would be looking to get a professional to do it but do I speak to a joiner/plumber/electrician/plasterer, go to B&Q - Im just not sure on the best way of getting started

Any advice/experience would be much appreciated.

Comments

• MisterP123
    MisterP123 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    Get some measurements and then get some designs. Wickes, B&Q, Howdens, Wren etc etc.

DIY design if you like, DIY kitchens, IKEA.

When you know what you want, where you want it and how much the kitchen units, appliances, worktops, fittings etc. are, then you can worry about getting prices for it to be fitted.

And general recommendation is don't use fitting services from the above mentioned places.
  • RME83
    RME83 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!

In terms of getting it fitted, would it be simply a joiner or would you have to engage various trades individually (i.e plumber/plasterer/tiler/electrician)?
  • MisterP123
    MisterP123 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    Check out some local kitchen fitters, they usually deal with pretty much everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure