Panicking about PPI reclaim - Lloyds ringing me!

Options
Hi all
I wonder if you could offer you expert opinion. I have used resolver to pursue PPI reclaim from Dorothy Perkins (1998, no reply) and Lloyds Credit card. Lloyds have replied directly with their standard letter and it says they will call to discuss the details and they have started hounding me with calls this evening.

But

I am terrified of saying the wrong thing or that they are trying to catch me out. The PPI is on a credit card that was given in the Summer between qualifying as a physiotherapist and actually starting my job, I had no earnings at that time. This is some of what I wrote on my application:
There was no discussion regarding the benefits or terms of the insurance (PPI). There was no discussion regarding timescales or exemptions, in fact I was given no specific information at all however I felt pressured into taking out the insurance as without doing so my credit card application would be compromised.
Is there anything that I should be looking to repeateldly say, and perhaps more importantly anything I should avoid.

Thank you to anyone who has a couple of minutes to reply.
Kate

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Harrisgang wrote: »
    Is there anything that I should be looking to repeateldly say

The truth.
    Harrisgang wrote: »
    and perhaps more importantly anything I should avoid.

Lying.
  • LuxuryWoman
    LuxuryWoman Posts: 156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Exactly as above, why would you panic?
    Just tell the truth, they are trying to help you and if the PPI was added exactly as you state there is nothing to 'catch out'

Chill yer beans and just talk to them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport