Did anyone bag a Mini SNES before they sold out?

Options

Comments

• Johnmcl7
    Johnmcl7 Posts: 2,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I decided to pick one up now it's been hacked to add your own games which I'll have a go at doing over the next few days hopefully. I do like the classic design of the box and some of the materials which brings back memories of the original.
  • joeypesci
    joeypesci Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    I plan to put my spare up for £120 or so close to christmas, yes a small profit but also not outrageous.

Dont blame people selling them, blame nintendo for the massive under supply.

True. People moan about scalpers but it's capitalism. And Nintendo are notorious for stupidly under supplying.
  • SPFreely
    SPFreely Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2017 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Looks pretty neat and if someone has a basement the size of James Rolfe's, you've probably held on to your SNES carts to make full use of it. It does seem a bit on the expensive side though. This is more than half the price of some low end gaming PCs out there.

Correction, it doesn't take carts, unlike my plug and play Sega Genesis...
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Buy a spare and make 50% profit and blame it on Nintendo..... :laugh:

Back in stock at Amazon.fr yet again. Nintendo have always said there will be more stock, it'd be nice if they managed to get significant stock numbers before Christmas rather than them just saying there will still be more stock coming next year.

Mine is checked and now wrapped up for a Christmas present. The set up of it and the games look that little bit better than the Sega Megadrive. I know you can hack the SNES to add more games, but for the person I've bought it for, I think the limited amount of games on it will actually be a good thing.

I do agree its a little bit expensive even at the standard £70, plus you also need to buy an AC adaptor to go with it. I know someone who paid £120.... totally not worth it!
  • ifstar
    ifstar Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Picked one up from amazon.fr earlier this evening. No hassle and delivery is cheap.

With regard to the AC adaptor, I read online that it can be powered through your tv USB ports so you don't actually need the plug.
  • Estheroid
    Options
    Check your local Argos - they may have stock in which is not showing on their main webpage. I walked in to the branch on the Strand last Monday and was able to order one from the warehouse which was delivered within 5 days. Branches of Smyths seem to be getting the odd one into their stores too. No need to pay over the RRP!
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I put my spare up for £95 a bit below the recent one's sold, glad I didnt buy in bulk as the profit on this is going to be small, maybe a tenner. (as I paid for overseas shipping to get this from holland).
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 December 2017 at 12:10PM
    Options
    Too late - out of stock !!
  • SuperPikachu
    Options
    They aren't even worth £80 - the nostalgia factor is the only thing selling these. It is a shame people are paying so much for something that is really not worth it
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    They aren't even worth £80 - the nostalgia factor is the only thing selling these. It is a shame people are paying so much for something that is really not worth it

Nobody is forcing you to buy one - are they ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure