NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

benefits calculator advises esa amount of 164

I receive 102 per week esa wrag, standard rate daily living & mobility pip. however when I do a benefits calculator (from about 3 sources) I'm advised esa of 164. anyone know what difference could be that I'm not receiving or claiming?

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    thenel wrote: »
    I receive 102 per week esa wrag, standard rate daily living & mobility pip. however when I do a benefits calculator (from about 3 sources) I'm advised esa of 164. anyone know what difference could be that I'm not receiving or claiming?
    It could be severe disability Premium (SDP) do you live alone and does anyone claim carers Allowance for you?
  • thenelthenel Forumite
    3 Posts
    hi thanks for reply. I've just checked that out and although I'm on my own and no one has carers allowance there is a joint tenant. apparently this disqualifies me. the benefits calculator shouldn't add this on as it asks if you are a joint tenant. bit unfair not to be awarded it as I receive no help from other tenant.
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    15.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    thenel wrote: »
    hi thanks for reply. I've just checked that out and although I'm on my own and no one has carers allowance there is a joint tenant. apparently this disqualifies me. the benefits calculator shouldn't add this on as it asks if you are a joint tenant. bit unfair not to be awarded it as I receive no help from other tenant.
    Is the joint tenant your partner? if so then yes you wouldn't qualify. If he/she isn't your partner or a close relative then i beleive you may qualify. SDP is extremely complicated to say the very least!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

The Forum 'Ask An Expert' event

Ask your energy questions by Wed 5pm

MSE Forum