Options
13»

Comments

• withabix
    withabix Posts: 9,508 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2011 at 9:17PM
    Options
    Amdega went into Administration today.

Administrators say there is NO PROSPECT of selling the business and 200 staff have been made redundant.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-13214690
    British Ex-pat in British Columbia!
  • jonspeak
    Options
    We ordered an Amdega conservatory in 2008. 1 year later it was still unfinished and to date I have spent thousands with my solicitor and a barrister and today they have gone bust. I'm furious!
  • BaBaBee
    BaBaBee Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Who else is out there who looks more than likely to have lost their deposit??
    £3 million in orders - from the local paper- how many is that of us?.

To everyone else -not really a "techie" - so what other forms of communication are there to get in touch with the other wronged people- those who have lost their hard earned deposits.

I must say how sorry I am to the Amdega employees who have lost their jobs.
  • Roxykaz
    Roxykaz Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 19 May 2011 at 10:38AM
    Options
    2Spaniels wrote: »
    I'm glad I read everybodies comments before we have moved forward with the Amdega conservatory we have been considering. So thank you.
    Can anybody suggest a solid wood consveratory manufacturor that you can recommned?
    Thanks.

Yes! Midland Conservatories (if you haven't already gone ahead with your project) - Our family run business manufacture bespoke timber conservatories which are of much higher quality than Amdega. Its a real shame they have gone into administration - the name certainly won't be forgotten, i feel for all of the employees that are now out of work... :(
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Roxykaz wrote: »
    Yes! Midland Conservatories (if you haven't already gone ahead with your project) - Our family run business manufacture bespoke timber conservatories which are of much higher quality than Amdega. Its a real shame they have gone into administration - the name certainly won't be forgotten, i feel for all of the employees that are now out of work... :(

Considering this is a 4 year old post, I am sure that the OP has sorted out their requirements. And stop spamming.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Roxykaz
    Roxykaz Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    phill99 wrote: »
    Considering this is a 4 year old post, I am sure that the OP has sorted out their requirements. And stop spamming.

The post that i was referring to was posted in May 2010 and considering that people can take a long time to decide to go ahead on a big project there is every chance that they have not gone forward with that project yet.

Your 'spamming' comment was not necessary, i was reading about Amdega online as its of interest to me, and i came accross this forum post - its the first forum that i have every posted on. A heck of a lot of people have been affected by the recent events concerning Amdega and i was merely answering this members post as they asked.

If this is how people speak to each other on forums then i may not want to return!
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "Our family run business manufacture bespoke timber conservatories which are of much higher quality than Amdega".

That is spamming / promotion
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure