IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

G24 parking charge, Ayr, Scotland

Options
I have received a contractual parking charge notice for parking in a car park in Ayr, Scotland whilst away. It's in my name but my partner was driving at the time and says he didn't know you had to pay to park! He's oblivious to some things! I think the charge was £1 for the first hour or 2, which he didn't pay. He was in there for a total of 26 minutes and they have sent a £100 charge out! Should we pay it?

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ignore it.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No POFa in scotland , do not reply to nothing they have to know who was driving ,so dont tell emm , read this thread on the first page of this forum and watch the story unfold http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5383066
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Should we pay it?

Hell no. But certainly don't say who was driving, which is the only way cases in Scotland have been lost.

Ignore them and their daft debt collector rubbish that will follow. Come back if G24 ever try a claim (unheard of).

The 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' thread, at the top, tells you all this about Scotland already.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nikki248
    Options
    Received 2 debt collector letters for £160 in the last 2 days! Not heard anything from them for months until Tuesday!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 38,177 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It must be difficult, but have another try.

Re-read post #2 - the first response you had back in June. ;)
  • Ashbashhelp
    Options
    I!!!8217;m just wondering what happened in the end? Did they stop hassling you or did you deal with it? I!!!8217;m in a similar situation with this car park. Thanks.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,142 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I!!!8217;m just wondering what happened in the end? Did they stop hassling you or did you deal with it? I!!!8217;m in a similar situation with this car park. Thanks.
    Follow the advice on here and ignore it, the OP has not been back here for 4 months so is unlikely to answer your enquiry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport