Will this be covered under my travel insurance?

Options
Hey

Basically, I have 3 holidays booked all adding up to quite a large sum of money.

I am starting a new job next month and they have verbally told me that the holidays will be ok to take, however, I have a nervous feeling that they could turn round and reject the holidays even after telling me its ok in writing.

Would I be covered under travel insurance if I have to cancel any or all of them?

My policy does state I'm covered for cancellation (up to £5,000) and I have invoices/receipts of any money I've paid

Any help is welcomed

Thanks

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, if you've got it writing , or even if you didn't, no.
    It looks like you already have reservations about this company even before you've started.
  • traveladdict98
    Options
    No, I don't have a funny feeling about them they've been very kind and accommodating and I'm really exciting to start it's just in case there was ever a prob with me taking them
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Options
    My policy does state I'm covered for cancellation (up to £5,000) and I have invoices/receipts of any money I've paid

You need to check the smallprint or contact the insurance company to find out exactly what reasons for cancellations are covered.
    Normally it's for things such as sickness, death & redundancy and not because time off for the holiday isn't allowed by an employer.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Options
    Not always a good idea to use your real name as a username
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And also with 3 holidays booked will you have enough leave entitlement wit the new company to take them?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Options
    I'm not sure the op will be in the new job long enough to take three holidays.

If you hadn't rather foolishly given your real name I'd assume you were a royal princess!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure