Tried to withdraw cash from nationwide. No cash. Account debited. Serious trouble

Options
13»

Comments

• Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Nationwide are entitled to check that the OP's story is true, which involves contacting the ATM owner for confirmation that the debit did/did not happen. This is the part that takes ages because the 3rd party ATM owner has up to 15 working days to respond.

I may be wrong but it sounded to me as though the OP had used a Nationwide ATM to make the withdrawal. If this is the case, there should be no reason for it to take so long.
  • Keep_pedalling
    Keep_pedalling Posts: 16,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but it sounded to me as though the OP had used a Nationwide ATM to make the withdrawal. If this is the case, there should be no reason for it to take so long.

The OP simply stated that it was a cash machine, no specific mention of who owned the machine.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The OP simply stated that it was a cash machine, no specific mention of who owned the machine.
    OP did also say "Why am I out of pocket and now struggling for two weeks because of their faulty machines?" and "They would record it and have to carry out an audit of the machine", which, in context, would suggest a Nationwide machine, although it isn't stated any more explicitly than that....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure