PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Deposit Refund and CCJ

Options
13»

Comments

• sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for not judging me and actually giving some advice. It is at the CCJ stage. They were trying to fob me off regarding the deposit issue. I had been chasing them for 4 months and had no luck. DPS couldn't find me on their records so couldn't help me. So I had to go to the court. I have emailed them back that I would accept the £197 plus £58 as the carpets didn't really need a deep clean just a vacuum clean. And they have agreed to that. I am waiting to get the money in my bank then I will cancel the CCJ.

I'm confused. A CCJ stands for County Court Judgment. If you have a CCJ against them you will possess a stamped piece of paper from the court headed 'Judgment' and the amount they legally owe you. They have 28 days to pay up after which you can send in the bailiffs. You can't cancel a CCJ because it's already happened. And any emails arguing about amounts is too late - they have to pay you the amount shown on the CCJ.
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    sheff6107 wrote: »
    I'm confused. A CCJ stands for County Court Judgment. If you have a CCJ against them you will possess a stamped piece of paper from the court headed 'Judgment' and the amount they legally owe you. They have 28 days to pay up after which you can send in the bailiffs. You can't cancel a CCJ because it's already happened. And any emails arguing about amounts is too late - they have to pay you the amount shown on the CCJ.

agreed - a judge has looked at your case and found in your favour and the defendant has to pay the amount on the order.

they had ample opurtunity to file a defence but did not
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    sheff6107 wrote: »

I suspect he/she means they will mark it as settled.
  • notgoodatmaths
    Options
    Thanks everyone for contributing. I got £197 plus £58 back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure