IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Am I wrong to refuse to pay?

Options
2»

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, but I am still unclear on what grounds to defend this if I cannot say that I think the amount is excessive..

Here are a few possibles.

Their contract with the landowner may not be viable. Their terms and conditions are unclear or perverse. They may not have complied with the legislation.

They have a lot of hurdles to jump, they invariably fall on at least one of them.
    C
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Nor am I worried about CCJs.. I dont think it would affect me in any way. I dont use credit.. and I have a mortgage.......

Getting a. Ccj doesn't affect anyone's credit status.

It's not paying one off that results in problems.

Only I'd you don't pay it off in full during the 30 days from getting judgement against you does it get registered against you (for 6 years)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nor am I worried about CCJs.. I dont think it would affect me in any way. I dont use credit.. and I have a mortgage.

Except if you wanted to:

- Move house (that always means a new mortgage, even if the same bank/company)
    - Remortgage to get a better rate
    - Get a new phone contract
    - Act as guarantor for a student child
    - Get a car loan
    - Use interest-free credit for any purchase

But either way, if you lost and paid there is no CCJ on your record. And we don't see people losing.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure