Need a new credit card with £2,000 limit

Hey all. I currently have the &more card which is 10% apr *employee apr rate (has just finished the 0% interest for a year) - I have about £1000 on there that i owe with a £3,000 limit.

I need to get myself a new high speed computer for £2,000 - I have applied for another credit card (Halifax) and they have said i would have a limit of £1,000 which is no good.

Can i expect to get a new card with a limit of £2,000 ?.

Also can someone confirm this - IF i buy the computer on the &more card will the i be charged interest of £200 for the year (10% apr) which is divided by 12 months = £16.66 interest per month (or about) ? - just want to make sure this is right before i consider buying the computer on my current card.

Thank you!

Comments

• I need to get myself a new high speed computer for £2,000

That's alot of money for a "high speed computer" (for gaming?). Get a cheaper one for £500 and you'll be OK :p
  • Avoid the Halifax whatever you do - unless you like being plagued by calls from their inept call centre and them making mistakes they refuse to own up for.
  • Avoid the Halifax whatever you do - unless you like being plagued by calls from their inept call centre and them making mistakes they refuse to own up for.

Sounds like every bank I know. But I have found barclays, HSBC and abbey national (the worst one) to all be worse then halifax.

The best bank for customer service ive come across is LLoyds.

As for credit card, your looking for the biggest mug to give you the biggest limit at no profit to them, go for a MBNA card. They offer millions of diferent types of cards, esp 0% deals, they are run by bank of america so love giving away free credit, youll get at least what you have now - 3K.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure